+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hakeem Ademola Odoffin

Hakeem Ademola Odoffin

I hold my hands up and have to say I was wrong judging this player the way I thought, on the cameo appearances I've seen him play so far for us.

Ironically, I went to the pre season Harrogate Town game and saw him play a more solid comfortable deep midfield, almost defender type role in that game and he shone.

What has turned around now, is Matt Taylor has seen something in him to say ''he is'' a midfielder and of the general type with his robust attitude and I can say after today, more aggressive approach to his game. He was heads and shoulders above anyone in our mid line including the ratter Ollie boy.

He is clearly applying himself more and more fluent in his approach to his game. He powered above all the Watford midfield and defenders for the headers and with purpose and aim to our players not just knock ons.

Have we found our new midfield Captain? Okay I know it's too early to say and others previously commentated that although he scored a wonder goal against Blackburn, he got lost in the game, or was it that the game was that comfortable with everyone delivering, that he didn't have to apply himself that much in that game?

If he continues in this form, can I please ask the club to keep close tabs on him and damn well extend his contact EARLY and not lose another possible gifted player. I posted early doors on the post match thoughts and I named him MOTM and rightly so.
    Others quickly followed so the evidence is there on todays performance, we may have a real gem on our hands and registered to us.

Well done Hakeem for today, more please fella.

He’s doing fine, but swallows and summers springs to mind

Seems to be taking his chance with Wiles being out long term

Although I’ve been in favour of Odoffin for a long time I’d hold off giving him a new contract. Let not get to excited about a short run in the team.

Would Taylor play him in front of Wiles?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Although I’ve been in favour of Odoffin for a long time I’d hold off giving him a new contract. Let not get to excited about a short run in the team.

Yes, I think he would

Even with a fit Wiles, I go as far as to say yes. He's more physical and assertive where Wiles, not forgetting the lad, has more guile and craft but I like the more going forward midfielder and this is what Odoffin offers. Anyway if Barlaser goes, which I think he will, then a Wiles/Odoffin partnership maybe on the cards. Sorry Lindsay but take your chance when it comes lad or you may be left out of the picture.

More importantly would he play Ben Wiles & Haks in the same starting 11 ?
    Haks gets through a lot of work during a game.
    Some fans won't realise that and just look where the ball is bouncing around, good luck to him, any player needs regular game time and it's a bit too early to judge him fully.

You may be right about Odoffin keeping his place now against Wiles but he wouldn’t have got on in front of home.

You may be right about Odoffin keeping his place now against Wiles but he wouldn’t have got on in front of home.
    Well pal, the big test will come on the 4th Feb against the Blades. Will he hide or deliver? My money is on the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    More importantly would he play Ben Wiles & Haks in the same starting 11 ?
    Haks gets through a lot of work during a game.
    Some fans won't realise that and just look where the ball is bouncing around, good luck to him, any player needs regular game time and it's a bit too early to judge him fully.
    Good points.

Personally I think Wiles would be in front of Ogbene

Good points.

Personally I think Wiles would be in front of Ogbene

Didn’t he used to play as a central defender earlier in his career?

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast