+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CHELSEA - Continue to SPLASH hundreds of MILLIONS this window

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Sorry, Raga, but f.uck the mackems and f.uck the smoggies.
    haha Perhaps I should have put my comments in the "unpopular opinions thread" hahaha

Don't sugar coat it Zip, no one likes a fence sitter. Tell us how you really feel pal haha

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Nah, sorry I can’t subscribe to any ‘more success we have for all 3 teams in the region the better’ nonsense.

I’d be happy to see the mackems sink right back down the pyramid and disappear to be honest, but I’m ambivalent about Boro either way.
    If we didn't have football team rivalry would we really hate the people... Yeah probably I guess haha

Well I suppose I'm just sad about the state of the country right now and remember the days when the whole region was bouncing in the 1990s. Business was booming, the toon was rocking at the weekend. Life was good!

Maybe I'm looking at it through rose tinted glasses, the exuberance & hubris of youth I suppose.

No, I agree - the only contact I have with them these days is Clowns r us which I go to read about once a month for a laugh. I don’t wish bad to their team or supporters but still don’t hope they do well, either.

Well I'm of the opinion that there's not much comes near a local derby, particularly if your team is vastly superior.

Both the Mancs and the those two from Liverpool thrive on them.
    Last edited by ex_pat_magpie; 27-01-2023 at 12:44 PM.

106 million now for Fernandez. WTF.

They'll have spent almost half a billion in two windows, 2 windows???

FFP is a joke, designed to place a glass ceiling between the 'Big 6' and the rest of us.

Absolutely nuts the cash they're throwing around. Potter needs to win the quadruple for the next 3 seasons running really

Funny if they do finish below us (which looks likely) as we're supposed to be the mega rich club that's buying success

In their budget.

Well run club.

They made £100m selling fringe and development players alone.

For the rest of their financial power see above.

I don't understand why people get so het up about this. Its business. The lad has a value to Benfica. Chelsea want him & pay it.

When you go to buy the new Range Rover Vouge and it starts at £98,000 you don't rock up with a kia picanto and a fiver do you?

The Chelsea books will balance.

Don't waste your time getting upset about things you can't control. It's not healthy.

Have a great all, D

Partially true. Chelsea have been smarter than any other club with their strategy of wheeling and dealing players but they have ‘bent’ the rules (IMO) by offering very long contracts. Although, the FFP folk have been naive to leave the loop hole. They probably thought that no club would risk long contracts when your squad size is limited to 25 players but if you have hundreds of players out on loan……..!

Chelsea will IMPLODE very, very soon. If they truly believe world class talent is going to be satisfied going there to warm the bench, then they are taking the piss.

Have the biggest squad of players in world football, but ONLY eleven players can start on the pitch. Potter will be sacked soon, and another clown will sit there and collect 10 million quid to warm his @rse for a season!

I can't wait till our owners finally open their fat wallets BIG TIME in the transfer market, and crush these clubs like Chelsea, Liverpool and the Manchester trash! We can afford much bigger wages per week than any of them, a deal breaker in my opinion.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)