+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: CHELSEA - Continue to SPLASH hundreds of MILLIONS this window

Quote Originally Posted by toonozandy View Post
    Chelsea will IMPLODE very, very soon. If they truly believe world class talent is going to be satisfied going there to warm the bench, then they are taking the piss.

Have the biggest squad of players in world football, but ONLY eleven players can start on the pitch. Potter will be sacked soon, and another clown will sit there and collect 10 million quid to warm his @rse for a season!

I can't wait till our owners finally open their fat wallets BIG TIME in the transfer market, and crush these clubs like Chelsea, Liverpool and the Manchester trash! We can afford much bigger wages per week than any of them, a deal breaker in my opinion.
    There is a very big possibility that things will not gel at Chelsea with all the new top quality talent. What happens if they don't make a top 6 finish for example? Next season they'll have a lot of players who were playing in Europe spending a season with just a domestic focus.

Plus they have a lot of players who won't play or even be registered to play.

We recall the season that Cashley actually backed a manager unfortunately that manager was McClown. We had a great team that year and still went down. I doubt Chelsea will get relegated but I also don't see them making the top 4, Man-Not-Utd and NUFC are in form and ten points ahead of them, very difficult for them to catch us. Spurs are 7 points clear of them. All 3 clubs will have suffer terrible down turns in form to let Chelsea or the bin dips back in.

Fulham and Brentford buffer Brighton and Spuds below us. Perhaps they'll run out of legs over the next 18 games as is true to their form in recent years. However I just don't see Chelsea being a UCL team next year.

On the other hand, this Chelsea squad with no European football will be a major contender for the title next season next season as well as serious in the cups.

Time will tell if Potter can make it work, if the new owners stick with him, esp. with Mourinho commenting that he'd love to return to Chelsea under the new owners for a 3rd tour of duty.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    On the other hand, this Chelsea squad with no European football will be a major contender for the title next season next season as well as serious in the cups.
    Aye - that could be a domestic treble squad to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Time will tell if Potter can make it work, if the new owners stick with him, esp. with Mourinho commenting that he'd love to return to Chelsea under the new owners for a 3rd tour of duty.
    He can smell the money again

I see that Leicester have found a way around FFP. Buy whoever with money “loaned” from the owners. Owners then wipe out the debt. Easy peasy!

CHELSEA have now set a NEW transfer spending record for the month of January of £290m. Next is Arsenal at £56m. This is on top of the of £270m spent in the last window, so do the maths !!!!!

This is a SMALL mid-table London club who struggle to get 40,000 crowds, yet the London-centric media NEVER criticise what this rotten club do each year. Potter will be sacked soon, that I have no doubt, as this clown show attempt to wave their dirty money at the next sucker to fill the seat.

They are making a complete mockery of these FFP rules. They should just be scrapped - completely worthless.

Agree with you 100% Tops.

More points dropped for Chelsea against Fulham.....they clearly need to start splashing some cash

I don’t expect much improvement from them this season, I do in the next one.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)