+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CHELSEA - Continue to SPLASH hundreds of MILLIONS this window

CHELSEA - Continue to SPLASH hundreds of MILLIONS this window

UEFA are to close loophole in wake of Chelsea's record £460m splurge on new signings after complaints from Premier League rivals, with a five-year limit for the spread of transfer fees to be introduced from next summer.

About f#@ing time! These pricks have signed 16 players already this season, and are linked to Anthony Gordon, as well as two others.

The rule change will not affect Chelsea's recent signings, but is likely to limit their room for manouvre in subsequent transfer windows.

Chelsea's lavish spending over the summer and January transfer windows has shattered records, with the figure of £460m already the highest in the world and the highest in Premier League history, and expected to rise further.

The previous record was set by Manchester City, who spent £328.1 million in 2017-18.

We can't even sign a bloody player without Liverpool, Arsenal and Man Ltd flapping their arms up and down! DISGRACE

FFP was designed to protect the top clubs. Those already in the 'club' when the rules were changed were given a massive advantage over everybody else..

'Fair' play? Fu.cking joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    FFP was designed to protect the top clubs. Those already in the 'club' when the rules were changed were given a massive advantage over everybody else..

'Fair' play? Fu.cking joke.

We have to take a step back and realise that rules will always be bent & loop holes will exist. Look at wider society. No one with millions pays tax, they incorporate and move their money off shore.

Football teams will look to take any advantage they can to get ahead.

Chelsea's entire debt was wiped clean when the acquisition went through.
    Chelsea have been a profitable club with their model of buying hundreds of young players and selling them on a few years later. A £500,000 player at 16/17 is sold for £5-10million at 20/21. Most never are ever heard of as first team players.
    Salah, De Bruyne etc are evidence of their production line of great youth products.
    Plus they play UCL football regularly and have excellent sponsorship deals.

So when you reset their club debt to zero, factor in all the profits they've made over the last 3 yrs, they are well within the boundaries of the FFP limits.

Moreover, why do you lot care anymore? We're rich AF, we can and will out spend them and every club on the planet inside of 5 yrs. We will be purchasing players like Bellingham of that kind of money once the owners have signed the new sponsorship deals.

Up to you guys but I focus on the positive things NUFC are doing not what other clubs are doing +/-.

Much the same as I don't hate or give devote time, energy, effort to hating the mackems. I personally want them in the premier league. I want them to do well, have a great team, it makes it all the sweeter when they are at their best and we still beat them.

Best matches were during the Quinn/Philips days.

For the benefit region, business, prosperity of the North East having the 3 big teams in the Prem is Ideal.

Rivalry and banter are great but whatever shirt you wear on a Saturday afternoon, the more success we all do up here the better.

Sick and tired of the Southern Bias, London centric arrogance and the way we are mock and insulted in the media as a region.

have a great day bonny lads and lasses!

Well summed up Ragatino.

Nah, sorry I can’t subscribe to any ‘more success we have for all 3 teams in the region the better’ nonsense.

I’d be happy to see the mackems sink right back down the pyramid and disappear to be honest, but I’m ambivalent about Boro either way.

Sorry, Raga, but f.uck the mackems and f.uck the smoggies.

The day I meet a mackem who wants us to do well ……………….

But just think of the pleasure of thumping them both, home and away, time after time, season upon season.

Would anything else, apart from winning the Prem give you any more satisfaction.

Kenwyn Jones their old player, Is the manager of Trinidad & Tobago's women's team. I can't remember if he was any good.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    The day I meet a mackem who wants us to do well ……………….
    I feel you man.

Personally I don't let others attitude and opinions shape my own. I just don't have the time or energy to commit to hating people who are frankly irrelevant to our success. Shining a light on them in a negative manner still gives them fuel.

Like all things inconsequential to my happiness & success, I just nod and say 'Good luck with that' smile and move on.

No point in raising the heart rate for anything less than something beneficial to our own success, and happiness.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)