+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Hibs V Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    It was that Celtic game after the break that everything went wrong. I would happily have sacked him that day after watching that performance.

Was at all the home games before the break and always went home entertained thinking a couple of defenders in January and we would have a team. Little did I think he would be gone by the time the transfer window closed.

Something went very wrong, very quickly.
    It was the Celtic game that did it. Sending them out like that was basically telling them all he thought they were shyte. That was the time to sack him.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    And yet, never relegated.
    Weird flex considering it was on a technicality.

Quote Originally Posted by LongDistanceRed View Post
    I suppose it's easy to say the chairman is appointing the wrong manager after a series of abysal performances - it looked quite promising early in the season

I guess it doesn't matter who replaces Goodwin - the fan base will be divided regardless, the performance of the team , should, in theory be 95% the players........it's the reason succesfull clubs pay more for players, because it's players ultimately who are responsible for on the pitch performances

Hence why if you put mickey mouse and donald duck in charge of rangers and celtic they would still finish 1st and 2nd or 2nd and 1st etc etc, been that was in all but maybe 1 or 2 seasons from the last 40

It really is a baffling sistuation though , this abiity to look pretty good most of the time in home games and then look like the dog and duck fc in away games with the same players, you can only assume the entire squad is filled full of mentally weak characters incapable of playing away from Pittodrie
    he was rank rotten most of the end of last season but looked slightly better at the start of this.

There are no leaders in that team no Paul Kane / Ricco partnership with real bite no dig like Ferguson its a bunch of gutless well paid charlatans (as Tom English dubbed them) who don't give a toss who they play for it could be Forest Green Rovers, Portsmouth, St Mirren or Dukla Prague its all about the coin no honour no fight get rid and start again.

You boys had a right good laugh at us when in Europe earlier this season. Now is my turn. Gutted it was a thumping today tbh. Was really hoping for him to cling onto his job a few more weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    You boys had a right good laugh at us when in Europe earlier this season. Now is my turn. Gutted it was a thumping today tbh. Was really hoping for him to cling onto his job a few more weeks.
    Still above you even with that guff today

Glad to see the back of Goodwin. Should have happened after the Darvel fiasco. Also glad to see no more of his three at the back, wing backs and no wingers. We are awash with midfielders and wingers with no proper centre backs or right back. Gunn and Mowbray were heavily involved in creating this totally unbalanced squad and should get their jotters as well. We need a manager who is heavily involved in player recruitment. Being landed with players you do not want or need is just ridiculous. That has got to stop. We could do with Willie Miller on the board. Not sure if that would be compatible with his media duties. Will be interesting to see the team selected for the St Mirren game and the effort they put in and how the fans react.

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    Weird flex considering it was on a technicality.
    No, it wasn't.
    But history revisionism is in you inbred cu nts' DNA.
    Off you pop now.......

Why the fück is Cormack mentioning moving bloody stadium in that interview?

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    And yet, never relegated.
    Jesus, don't tempt fate.

I can see it’s starting to go down the route of Goodwins gone so everything is rosy again.

Let’s see where we are next season and I will bump this thread,unless Cormack restructures the whole club we are never going to improve.

The comment about Willie Miller being brought in is ridiculous.First off I will say the man is a legend,best player and captain we ever had but it’s been tried before and never worked.

I remember him being on the radio when Patterson was the manager and he was always going on about how it wasn’t good enough for Aberdeen and wittering on about certain standards and performances being unacceptable.

Seemed to change his tune when appointed director of football though,remember he was the dof when we got beat in the QOS semi final and lost 9-0 against the tattie munchers.Where were these standards back then?

Maybe he’s angling for another stint but he will just end up a yes man again,better off staying away from the club instead of tarnishing his reputation.

PS Paul Kane was atrocious as a player for us,need a better example than that.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast