+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: We do not appear to be skint now...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I have no idea mon ami, I'm just repeating what Vinni said about the parachute money in a YouTube interview I saw a couple of days ago. Maybe he was lying, or someone had lied to him?
    These are still serious chunks of change mon ami.

We got about £70 million from the sale of Pope, Collins, Cornet and McNeil and the other odds and sods like Hennessey and Phillips.

We got another £25 million from the sale of Wood.

Every home game is virtually sold out, the club shop is doing a roaring trade, the concessions stands are jam packed, we are filling every away end and the online sales are through the roof.

It's hard to tell exactly what we have spent on incoming players since July, but a quick estimate at the time of going to press is at the £40 million mark, but the squad is valued now at nearer a £100 million and we still have the Weggy business to conclude.

There do not appear to be any malicious creditors on the immediate horizon, a good run in the FA Cup would now be extremely bountiful and I'm looking forward to us giving the Tractor Boys a good hiding on Saturday.

I also took you up on the recommendation for a dinner reservation and I hope to enjoy a great weekend in east Anglia.

We immdiately blew half the Wood money on Weghorst. Home games can sell out, our gate money over a season is negligible, around £6 million out of a turnover in our last PL season of around £140 million. Our debt interest will see that gate money off and still leave a bit of interest outstanding.

Have a good trip, I'm jealous, I wish I was going.

Being top of the Championship means we get featured more on Sky, it's just a bummer we get the Friday/Sunday games.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Being top of the Championship means we get featured more on Sky, it's just a bummer we get the Friday/Sunday games.
    A "source" tells me the SKY games net us about £250,000 per game + the gate receipts, and in any body's book that is not to be sniffed at.

The United away League Cup game earned us another half a million quid.

KERCHUNG!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A "source" tells me the SKY games net us about £250,000 per game + the gate receipts, and in any body's book that is not to be sniffed at.

The United away League Cup game earned us another half a million quid.

KERCHUNG!
    Our gate money plus 8 Sky games should just about pay the interest on our debt. Then there's the debt itself.

Our gate money plus 8 Sky games should just about pay the interest on our debt. Then there's the debt itself.
    You never struck me before as a worrier, but you are seriously starting to worry me now mon ami.

60 to 100 million quid in debt is peanuts in the EPL.

We are all good, stop thee mithering.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You never struck me before as a worrier, but you are seriously starting to worry me now mon ami.

60 to 100 million quid in debt is peanuts in the EPL.

We are all good, stop thee mithering.
    Just because we're top pf the league, it's a bit like kids in a chocolate factory on here at the moment, someone's got to take their hands and tell them to calm down and stop gorging themselves, or they'll make themselves sick.

Just because we're top pf the league, it's a bit like kids in a chocolate factory on here at the moment, someone's got to take their hands and tell them to calm down and stop gorging themselves, or they'll make themselves sick.
    It's called the "Feelgood Factor" mon ami.

We all know football like no-one else how cyclical the game of footy is.

We experienced the horrors of the last 20 minutes of the Orient game but it's our turn to ride the heights just now.

Enjoy it mon ami because it will not last!

I tend to go with BT on this, Pace is no fool and he is here for the foreseeable future and does not intend to lose money which means he needs BFC to prosper.

Don't forget how the takeover deal was done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0smoOWCr0w

How much of the debt has been paid off up to now?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)