+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We do not appear to be skint now...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It's called the "Feelgood Factor" mon ami.

We all know football like no-one else how cyclical the game of footy is.

We experienced the horrors of the last 20 minutes of the Orient game but it's our turn to ride the heights just now.

Enjoy it mon ami because it will not last!
    I am enjoying it mon ami, I don't want this season to end, this is as good as it gets, top of the league, good football, a manager and team who command respect and admiration, but it's foolish to imagine that just because we are playing good football and winning a few games that our horrendous debt has magically disappeared. Trust me on this mon ami, it hasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I tend to go with BT on this, Pace is no fool and he is here for the foreseeable future and does not intend to lose money which means he needs BFC to prosper.
    I wouldn't argue with the basic premise Chris, no one buys a football club with the intention of losing money, but the list of owners who have lost money, and clubs which have gone into admin is longer than Vinni's list of potential signings, and that's longer than his arm.

I have a picture in my mind, it was happy, smiling Portsmouth fans as they lifted the Cup at Wembley in 2008, less than two years later, they were in admin.

60 to 100 million quid in debt is peanuts in the EPL.
    Thank god you're not on the Board mon ami, it might be peanuts to big city clubs with 70,000 seater stadiums and Arab billionaire owners, but to a small town team with a 20,000 seat stadium it's a killer. Sometimes, often in fact, you are a very silly boy.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Thank god you're not on the Board mon ami, it might be peanuts to big city clubs with 70,000 seater stadiums and Arab billionaire owners, but to a small town team with a 20,000 seat stadium it's a killer. Sometimes, often in fact, you are a very silly boy.
    You know me sinky gregarious to a fault.

Me and the wife "hit" Ipswich at 9.00 am and I had 7 pre-match pints in 7 different pubs with a few pies and sausage butties.

I had the craic with group after group of Ipswich fans and their perception of us was basically the same:
    We are loaded.
    We are going up.
    It's a bit unfair that parachute payments aid our promotion push.
    Burnley fans are brilliant.
    Can we beat Norwich next week please?
    We were going to win with a 3 goal margin.

Post-match in the hotel bar an elderly Ipswich fan said it was his best game of the season. Shared possession and it was better not having 80% of the possession and conceding a daft goal and drawing 1-1.

I think the Tractor Boys are a decent bet for the Championship next season and their fans were wrong about us being loaded and the score-line prediction was wrong too!

Great day out though and your restaurant recommendation was absolutely bang on. Awesome meal, and an awesome end to a smashing day.

It would be no surprise to me if most Championship club's finances were in an even more parlous state than ours.

But yet again I have to refer you back to Mr Pace, it was the Financial Report signed off by him last year that showed we owed more than £100 millon. You can access it easily enough, it's in the public domain, read it yourself if you don't believe me.
    I wish I was this "skint"...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/othe...859c7ca7e35786

Me and the wife "hit" Ipswich at 9.00 am and I had 7 pre-match pints in 7 different pubs with a few pies and sausage butties.
    Reminds me of my away days with Rossendale Clarets, Steve always found us good watering holes.

I am mightily relieved the restaurant turned out OK mon ami, it's a few years since we were there and you can never be sure can you.

I am mightily relieved the restaurant turned out OK mon ami, it's a few years since we were there and you can never be sure can you.
    It was totally bloody awesome mon ami, my dining out budget is blown for February, but the wife raved about it and at the end of the day that's what matters.

The Beef Wellington and Crème Brulé are to die for. I promise not to fall out with you for the rest of this week after that tip-off.

Problem is, the wife wants to know when do we play Ipswich again?

Problem is, the wife wants to know when do we play Ipswich again?
    Does she know Norwich is only an hour awa?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Does she know Norwich is only an hour awa?
    Indeed she does k_c, it's the 4 and a half hour drive to get there she's not keen on.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)