+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: We do not appear to be skint now...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It will indeed, then when we've paid the debt off and there is no interest, we can buy two thirds of Chris Wood with it, or whatever the equivalent will be, whenever that happy event occurs.
    Think post #38 mon ami, I can see no other logic behind the ALK plan, which I must say is going exactly to plan.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Think post #38 mon ami, I can see no other logic behind the ALK plan, which I must say is going exactly to plan.
    I don't think they have a plan, they're flying by the seat of their pants.

I don't think they have a plan, they're flying by the seat of their pants.
    I think these three dudes are a whole lot brighter than you give them credit for mon ami.

The squad they have assembled in less than six months might just walk back into the EPL on the first bounce and stay there.

I think these three dudes are a whole lot brighter than you give them credit for mon ami.

The squad they have assembled in less than six months might just walk back into the EPL on the first bounce and stay there.
    Those three dudes have not assembled this squad, nor are they responsible for the style of play and the success it's bringing. That is down, if not exclusively, then mostly, to one man, Vincent Kompany, a man who can walk out the door at any moment. And as an astute and successful business man yourself, you should know that is not the sort of enterprise you'd be investing your children's inheritance in.

Those three dudes have not assembled this squad, nor are they responsible for the style of play and the success it's bringing. That is down, if not exclusively, then mostly, to one man, Vincent Kompany, a man who can walk out the door at any moment. And as an astute and successful business man yourself, you should know that is not the sort of enterprise you'd be investing your children's inheritance in.
    When Burnley hit the EPL in April or May how much would you value the whole kit'n'kaboodle at mon ami? £250 million? I reckon that puts ALK about £100 million up.

Let's not forget who went out and recruited VK to do the job he is doing.

No prevarication, no messing, he was in and off and running and Pace and Co. have given him their full 100% backing and commitment.

Hell of a job guys, hell of a job and not a single murmur of discontent from the Turf Moor faithful with one notable exception.

When Burnley hit the EPL in April or May how much would you value the whole kit'n'kaboodle at mon ami? £250 million? I reckon that puts ALK about £100 million up.

Let's not forget who went out and recruited VK to do the job he is doing.

No prevarication, no messing, he was in and off and running and Pace and Co. have given him their full 100% backing and commitment.

Hell of a job guys, hell of a job and not a single murmur of discontent from the Turf Moor faithful with one notable exception.
    How do you value a football club mon ami, especially a PL club, I have no idea, does anyone, I would say there are far too many variables, future earnings for instance, impossible to forecast when 15% of PL clubs lose their PL status every season. In Burnley's case, how much debt is still on the balance sheet, when is it due to be repsid, what % of turnover will the wage bill be next season ?

In one respect I think Vinni is being very astute, he is loading the squad with players now, rather than wait until summer when, as a PL team, every club we want to deal with will automatically put £10 million plus on the price of any player we want.

Rather presumptious of you mon ami, to assume you can speak for 18,000 faithful Burnley fans, but may I remind you I was also a lone voice pointing out the deficincies in Samuel Bastien's game after Huddersfield, six months later and you finally concede I had a point. Not to mention you're rubbishing of My Man At Turf Moor when he told you Vinni had a list of potential signings as long as his arm, and still the signings are arriving on an almost daily basis,

Correct me if I'm right eh ?
    Last edited by sinkov; 31-01-2023 at 10:37 AM.

How do you value a football club mon ami, especially a PL club, I have no idea, does anyone, I would say there are far too many variables, future earnings for instance, impossible to forecast when 15% of PL clubs lose their PL status every season. In Burnley's case, how much debt is still on the balance sheet, when is it due to be repsid, what % of turnover will the wage bill be next season ?

In one respect I think Vinni is being very astute, he is loading the squad with players now, rather than wait until summer when, as a PL team, every club we want to deal with will automatically put £10 million plus on the price of any player we want.

Rather presumptious of you mon ami, to assume you can speak for 18,000 faithful Burnley fans, but may I remind you I was also a lone voice pointing out the deficincies in Samuel Bastien's game after Huddersfield, six months later and you finally concede I had a point. Not to mention you're rubbishing of My Man At Turf Moor when he told you Vinni had a list of potential signings as long as his arm, and still the signings are arriving on an almost daily basis,

Correct me if I'm right eh ?
    I do believe you are the Mail's Clarets' dedicated ghost writer mon ami...

Attachment 23373

I do talk to an awful lot of Burnley fans sinkov, I get loads of social media feedback from the Clarets Mad muses and avidly read all of the fan forums on social media. I can not find a detractor about Alan Pace, you still hear the "debt" word every now and then, but no "Yanks are b@stards" type comments.

Regarding Bastien, the lads and lasses sat round us on Saturday at Portman Road all seem convinced Bastien is a bad egg, but VK's stock is so high at present he's getting a free pass on the Bastien and Churlinov acquisitions.

I'm not convinced by either of them to be honest.

On the matter of your mate, my mate says he got lucky because he thinks the potential sale of Weggy is bankrolling the latest round of acquisitions.

No-one saw that one coming - not even your mate, but my mate got the Obafemi acquisition spot on.

d

On the matter of your mate, my mate says he got lucky because he thinks the potential sale of Weggy is bankrolling the latest round of acquisitions.

No-one saw that one coming - not even your mate, but my mate got the Obafemi acquisition spot on.
    I wouldn't say he's my mate mon ami, but he certainly did know it was coming, as did every other member of the first team squad. He says very little actually, but when he does say something, you know it will be right.

I wouldn't say he's my mate mon ami, but he certainly did know it was coming, as did every other member of the first team squad. He says very little actually, but when he does say something, you know it will be right.
    Did he know Weggy was Old Trafford bound because I don't think even VK did? I'll hold my hand up though, he said numbers were inbound and we have six in through the door.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)