+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: We do not appear to be skint now...

Cool We do not appear to be skint now...

Three already in and it appears likely another striker is inbound from Swansea.

Terms already agreed, Alan Pace seems to want to back VK now and be 100% ready for the challenges of the EPL in August.

I have had 4 emails already this morning from other Championship team fans telling me "it's not fair" we can add to an already table topping team because of "parachute payments".

I have replied with a generic post telling them to get into the EPL, the money is outrageous.

I have nothing but admiration for the way our chairman operates and no matter how hard I try I can only find one consistent detractor and we all know who that is.

I'm not at all hopeful but we are now looking to add two more season tickets to the four we already have.

My grandkids are falling out as to who's "turn it is".

Clarets Mad indeed.

It will be interesting to see the financial position. I am guessing that the debt has been partially paid down and the balance rescheduled to make funds available. However we fare in the PL the money for one year will help enormously in strengthening the company’s finances.

However it is being done, it is great to see the squad being strengthened in this manner with young, talented players being brought in from Belgium and other clubs. VK has to be a massive attraction for these young players, along with Bellamy who is well respected too.

Long may it continue!

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    It will be interesting to see the financial position. I am guessing that the debt has been partially paid down and the balance rescheduled to make funds available. However we fare in the PL the money for one year will help enormously in strengthening the company’s finances.

However it is being done, it is great to see the squad being strengthened in this manner with young, talented players being brought in from Belgium and other clubs. VK has to be a massive attraction for these young players, along with Bellamy who is well respected too.

Long may it continue!
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

I have had 4 emails already this morning from other Championship team fans telling me "it's not fair" we can add to an already table topping team because of "parachute payments.
    We have no 'parachute money', it went on paying the debt off that became due on relegation.

I have nothing but admiration for the way our chairman operates and no matter how hard I try I can only find one consistent detractor and we all know who that is.
    I don't see that pointing out that Mr Pace has loaded the club with debt, which he has, makes anyone a 'detractor', and if you don't like my constant references to the fact that our last balance sheet showed debts of over £100 million, then take that up with Mr Pace himself, it was his signature at the end of the statement, he signed it off, not me, don't shoot the messenger.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We have no 'parachute money', it went on paying the debt off that became due on relegation.
    I read somewhere last week that parachute payments won't be paid until the season ends and if we get promoted we get no parachute payment at all.

Pace is no mug he knows which end of a balance ledger looks like.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't see that pointing out that Mr Pace has loaded the club with debt, which he has, makes anyone a 'detractor', and if you don't like my constant references to the fact that our last balance sheet showed debts of over £100 million, then take that up with Mr Pace himself, it was his signature at the end of the statement, he signed it off, not me, don't shoot the messenger.
    A recent study into the efficiency of football clubs found that only three scored higher than Sheffield United in the Championship. Fair Game has published its first Sustainability Index.

The table covers the top two leagues and has judged all 44 clubs on financial solvency, good governance, fan engagement and equality standards.

Sheffield United scored high and are in fourth place, behind first place Norwich, Burnley and Swansea. However, it is regarded as the joint best for financial sustainability alongside Sunderland.

The study used four key drivers to come to its conclusion about financial sustainability. They were current assets/liabilities; short-term loans measure; loans repayable within one year as % of revenue and wages as % of revenue.

This lot don't seem to share your pessimism sinkov.

lets be fair....give thanks to all the "grandees" at Velocity Sports/ALK....(that we know of)

Alan PACE - Director

KETTERING CAPITAL LIMITED
    CALDER VALE HOLDINGS LIMITED
    ALK CAPITAL LIMITED
    VELOCITY SPORTS PARTNERS LIMITED

Michael Lee SMITH - Director

BURNLEY FC HOLDINGS LIMITED
    BURNLEY FOOTBALL & ATHLETIC COMPANY,LIMITED
    LONGSIDE PROPERTIES LIMITED
    ALK CAPITAL LIMITED

Stuart HUNT - Director

BURNLEY FC WOMEN LIMITED
    BURNLEY FC HOLDINGS LIMITED
    BURNLEY FOOTBALL & ATHLETIC COMPANY,LIMITED
    LONGSIDE PROPERTIES LIMITED
    ALK CAPITAL LIMITED

https://find-and-update.company-info...80579/officers

Last edited by Norder; 26-01-2023 at 06:09 PM.

I read somewhere last week that parachute payments won't be paid until the season ends and if we get promoted we get no parachute payment at all.

Pace is no mug he knows which end of a balance ledger looks like.
    I have no idea mon ami, I'm just repeating what Vinni said about the parachute money in a YouTube interview I saw a couple of days ago. Maybe he was lying, or someone had lied to him?

A recent study into the efficiency of football clubs found that only three scored higher than Sheffield United in the Championship. Fair Game has published its first Sustainability Index.

The table covers the top two leagues and has judged all 44 clubs on financial solvency, good governance, fan engagement and equality standards.

Sheffield United scored high and are in fourth place, behind first place Norwich, Burnley and Swansea. However, it is regarded as the joint best for financial sustainability alongside Sunderland.

The study used four key drivers to come to its conclusion about financial sustainability. They were current assets/liabilities; short-term loans measure; loans repayable within one year as % of revenue and wages as % of revenue.

This lot don't seem to share your pessimism sinkov.
    It would be no surprise to me if most Championship club's finances were in an even more parlous state than ours.

But yet again I have to refer you back to Mr Pace, it was the Financial Report signed off by him last year that showed we owed more than £100 millon. You can access it easily enough, it's in the public domain, read it yourself if you don't believe me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)