+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: 📝 Jodi Jones Signs

Here's our piece on the new boy . . . https://www.nottscountystats.com/pos...ing-jodi-jones

nw6 I noticed that too about signings rather than signing. LW also seemed more cheery in the latest pre match presser. Hopefully we have a LWB lined up. It also seemed to me that if we got promoted their was a fair chance that we would want to make JJ a permanent signing if things go well.

Just found this article - well worth the read.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/ne...aiser-24006106

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post

A nice article. It sounds like he’s had a tough time and it is hard to imagine missing out so much in a career you are desperate to be part of. It wasn’t much to go on I know but he didn’t seem like the happiest of guys in his media interview.

After reading that story I really hope he finds his feet at Notts and he can resurrect his career 🤞

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post

Thanks for sharing, he seems like a top bloke, not just another wage packet. Great to read about his journey pre-Oxford.

I did find it a bit ironic with the Cal Roberts thread having lots of comments about how we had done some good business, by offloading an injury prone player, to then go and sign one ourselves. I thought there might be similarities with mental issues surrounding the injuries of both players, so it is good to have read an article like this to reassure me somewhat that we had done our due diligence on JJ. It is also good to hear him say he has lost non of his searing pace, as players that are rapid are not the same players if this is lost. I see this loan spell going one of two ways, either a massive success or a complete bust.
    Lets hope his career is on an upward trajectory now and stays injury free.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Looking at the highlights he is an upgraded Cal Roberts and looks like he can operate left,right or central
    So could play behind Langstaff we don’t have a left footed player there in Scott,Austin or Ruben or could replace Chicksen or Nemane especially if we can’t breakdown teams at ML(aka Yeovil)
    No doubting his quality just his fitness and injury record but certainly worth taking a punt on hopefully a great addition to the squad
    Too right. Jodi Jones is a seriously impressive signing who belongs at least two divisions higher than the National League.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    I did find it a bit ironic with the Cal Roberts thread having lots of comments about how we had done some good business, by offloading an injury prone player, to then go and sign one ourselves. I thought there might be similarities with mental issues surrounding the injuries of both players, so it is good to have read an article like this to reassure me somewhat that we had done our due diligence on JJ. It is also good to hear him say he has lost non of his searing pace, as players that are rapid are not the same players if this is lost. I see this loan spell going one of two ways, either a massive success or a complete bust.
    Lets hope his career is on an upward trajectory now and stays injury free.
    Interesting comments 59

The biggest and key difference is one is a loan until the end of the season, the other was a permanent sale for a reported significant sum.

Let's hope he is a positive addition for the second half of the season.

Agreed Laddo, the loan gives us a great chance to see what JJ can do, and if we are successful in gaining promotion, I would think there is a good chance we can snap him up permanently, should he be influential in us achieving our goal.
    Since our summer signings of players from a lower level, we have now signed AB, JB and JJ (hopefully permanent eventually) all of whom have played at a much higher level, add MP and we are building a foundation which will make the step up to the EFL much smoother, should we get there come May.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456