+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 6equ35

Tick tock - clock updated 13 hours ago

I think that you can put the clock back a few minutes now that the danger has passed and we're all here to tell the tale today yoonited

There's a comet (Comet ZTF) passing Earth tonight and what's more it's green,after reading that it last appeared about 50,000 years ago and there's a good chance that it may never be seen again I was considering looking out for it but upon further investigation found out that it passes 26 million miles away,I'm guessing it's one for the professionals

I revise one aspect of my thoughts of last week. I thought that the professionals had all failed to notice the asteroid approaching that passed the Earth at a distance of 2,200 miles. But it is much more likely that they knew that it was going to miss the Earth by that distance and that given its size even in the extremely unlikely event of it getting into Earth's atmosphere it would have burned up there. Thus the professionals knew that there was no real dramatic news to report.

Well my Sky is still working so I think that it missed the satellites which is a bonus but as for NASA not bothering to mention it because of its size 6EQ said that it was an amater that spotted it and if you ask me they are just giving out some lame excuses due to being caught out sleeping on the job when they should have been looking through their telescopes,come to think of it the report of that green comet that's flying past at 26 million miles away has come at the right time hasn't it 😏

I doubt that anything as important as watching out for asteroids that might be heading for Earth and be big enough to be a problem is done by professionals manually looking through telescopes. It is almost certainly done by means of the telescopes being controlled by computers that know what to look for. It may well be that professionals are consistently monitoring such searches if only to see what else may be of interest way out there.

There are several organisations in America doing this including NASA. Another one was set up by a former American astronaut.

If those computers that control the telescopes missed that asteroid over the weekend then maybe it's time to give them a upgrade,there's a lot of difference between 2,200 miles away and 26 million miles away 6EQ,I'm bloody lucky to be alive today

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)