+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: 5th official signing

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Not done twitter for more than 12 months.
    For every decent person on there there's 2 numptys.
    You already know Yak players come, players leave, some stay a little longer than others, same with Managers and chairmen eventually.
    Ask the one's on twitter that wanted STEWART out if they are prepared to eat some humble pie, a big slice preferably.
    Agreed it’s overreaction city.
    Some whoppers.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Can't see us playing 4-4-2 be too open in midfield. At right back we need someone better getting forward than Peltier.
    He will pick a formation to suit the opposition and that includes 4-4-2.
    Plenty of options.
    Nothing wrong with Lee Peltier, perhaps old fashioned right back that likes to tackle and distribute rather than go hung ho chasing over the halfway line.
    With attacking midfielders you don't always need both full backs to push forward every time.
    Lee Peltier was brought in for his experience, so was Sean Morrison both played together many times.They know each others game.
    The club knew what they were getting when they signed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yak View Post
    Agreed.
    Just been reading twitter and a lot are saying it’s Warnes fault we didn’t sign these kind of players in the past.
    I think that’s rubbish tbh. He would have signed these given a chance I’m sure.
    I’ve criticised him but to say he wouldn’t sign quality is just stupid.
    I rarely go on Twitter these days, I think it's pretty toxic at times.
    There does seem to have been a step change in the quality of signings and we've never been this active in January before. I'm pretty sure PW would have loved to have signed some of these players but maybe the committee system was too cumbersome or maybe the funds weren't available.
    I wouldn't be surprised if MT has had a clear the air meeting himself with TS and put down a few markers about how he wants things done in transfer windows.

You now a Taylor boy I see 😂😂.
    ....er,Matty Boy I think you`ll find,I took out a trade mark on it before Gru could.

It’s not just about whether funds are available to sign these players we have just acquired, someone also has to convince the player, his agent and his parent club that it,s the right move for them
    We can throw all the money at a player we like but if they don’t want to play for RUFC then it,s not going to happen.

We seem to be attracting a much better quality of player at the moment and it,s become a bit of a snowball effect.
    Impressive from Matt Taylor.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Can't see us playing 4-4-2 be too open in midfield. At right back we need someone better getting forward than Peltier.
    433, 451 or 442, looks like 4 at the back might be way forward.

Either way he picked Peltier over Harding.

Agreed.
    Just been reading twitter and a lot are saying it’s Warnes fault we didn’t sign these kind of players in the past.
    I think that’s rubbish tbh. He would have signed these given a chance I’m sure.
    I’ve criticised him but to say he wouldn’t sign quality is just stupid.
    Fault might be the wrong word but Evans didn’t seem to have any problem getting TS to agree to signings and it looks as though MT is having the same experience.

Sometimes risks have to be made

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Fault might be the wrong word but Evans didn’t seem to have any problem getting TS to agree to signings and it looks as though MT is having the same experience.

Sometimes risks have to be made
    Yea it's a strange one,I guess none of us will ever truly know but there has been without doubt a policy shift,it's there for all to see. Maybe with Derby doing well the last thing TS wants is PW swapping places with us?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Yea it's a strange one,I guess none of us will ever truly know but there has been without doubt a policy shift,it's there for all to see. Maybe with Derby doing well the last thing TS wants is PW swapping places with us?
    But is it a policy shift?

Maybe the backing was also there for Warne but he was too choosy?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    But is it a policy shift?

Maybe the backing was also there for Warne but he was too choosy?
    Like I said Grist,no one knows but these recent additions ''seem'' to be at a different level to what we are used to.Time will tell of course.We might not win another game but I do sense a policy shift based on many past experiences in this situation.Was Warne too choosy.....yet again who knows,but MT doesn't go to interview waxing lyrical about his detailed and wonderful interview techniques and how 'green tea' sold the deal.He says nought but the players still sign!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast