+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rochdale v Carlisle United, Spotland, League Two, 3:00pm Saturday January 28th

Rochdale v Carlisle United, Spotland, League Two, 3:00pm Saturday January 28th

The shortest pre match interview on record from our gaffer ..

We should be OK with this but things don't often go as we would wish. Rochdale having a bad season - in last 10 W 1 D2 L 7 F9 A18

Home last 8 W2 D1 L5 F8 A13

Plus 2 red cards last match including their captain who, if I remember correctly, was a strong player in our 3-3 in the home fixture.

Our XI - I guess the same as Hartlepool. About 1,300 away fans.

Other games of interest
    Wimbledon Stockport
    Barrow Northampton
    Mansfield Doncaster
    Swindon Gillingham
    Tranmere Orient

I've got to say that to take 1300 to a bottom of the league ground is impressive,considering where Carlisle is located would you consider Rochdale as a local(ish) game for away fans?

For me it is close to the boundary for going to away matches on a day trip and it is a straight forward drive. I have made longer trips with an overnight but that is not possible as my dog would not be too happy. Plus there is the I follow option. For games in the midlands / south we have a largish London area base and the diehards.

Whilst 'been at Manchester United' may seem impressive, there are vast shoals of players who have been juniors / youths at Manchester United. The fact is that he is not good enough to be considered for Wycombe's match day 18 and he is at Rochdale. Although he may well now 'bloom' it has yet to occur. At the age of 22 he is approaching the end of that period in which he can be considered 'the bright young thing'. This looks like a loan from Wycombe in order to enable them to eventually get rid of him, possibly to Rochdale, possibly elsewhere, with him having got a current CV of playing regular first team football in League Two.

Hmmm… Messi maybe but there are no indications yet he will even play tomorrow yet….

I am not hopeful of a result tomorrow but that’s normal for a Dale fan

Paul Simpson expects each player to run a certain distance in a match. Anyone not achieving that distance has to complete it afterwards.
    This is a 'one match per week' team. Since we played on Tuesday having run a 'Simpson distance' and Rochdale did not play on Tuesday
    I give Rochdale a chance.

We have the technology to transmit in real time, data from each player's vest to the dugout showing the running statistics in numeric format.
    There can be no arguments about the running, sprints, speeds etc, it is indisputable data available in real time and able to be analysed later.
    Last edited by _Stefan_Kuntz; 27-01-2023 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by _Stefan_Kuntz View Post
    Paul Simpson expects each player to run a certain distance in a match. Anyone not achieving that distance has to complete it afterwards.
    I bet that O'Donnell was p1ssed off every Saturday running around the pitch at 4.50pm

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)