+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 15 games in 8 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyboldon View Post
    Ok, slightly ambiguous (look it up) I accept , but compared to your past grammatical ****e, a drop in the ocean. And yes I did pass my 11 plus
    I accept your apology...

I failed the 11 plus and was in a B class at secondary school and started work at age 15 but well I didn't really want to repeat but I will..

I then went on for some years to get letters after my name, became a Chartered Engineer and a member of the most senior engineering institution in the world....just for your info...My letters were..

B.Sc.(Eng). C.Eng. M.I.Mech.E.

oh and also an HNC and ONC and City and Guilds, Full Tech Certificate..First aid, LOL!

I would argue that not many people would have achieved all that stuff...

Note it wasn't in English grammar which was a pain in the ars*** But I could design you a bridge or tunnel..or an internal combustion engine or explain about materials science and I achieved a distinction in degree level Thermal Fluids a very difficult subject..

What did you get then? an 11 plus pass?

Posters should not mock other people's knowledge and experience about anything!
    Last edited by MikeSB; 28-01-2023 at 05:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post
    I accept your apology...

I failed the 11 plus and was in a B class at secondary school and started work at age 15 but well I didn't really want to repeat but I will..

I then went on for some years to get letters after my name, became a Chartered Engineer and a member of the most senior engineering institution in the world....just for your info...My letters were..

B.Sc.(Eng). C.Eng. M.I.Mech.E.

oh and also an HNC and ONC and City and Guilds, Full Tech Certificate..First aid, LOL!

I would argue that not many people would have achieved all that stuff...

Note it wasn't in English grammar which was a pain in the ars*** But I could design you a bridge or tunnel..or an internal combustion engine or explain about materials science and I achieved a distinction in degree level Thermal Fluids a very difficult subject..

What did you get then? an 11 plus pass?

Posters should not mock other people's knowledge and experience about anything!
    Posters should not mock. Pretty rich from you having asked the question as to what I got.
    I would never trumpet my achievements on a forum like this, it’s so tacky.
    But, without going into any detail at all, my letters would, I’m my opinion, beat you easily at top trumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Reverting to the original theme of this thread, it is interesting to hear players and fans moan about teams having to play two games per week. As my wife always says, "isn't that what the players are paid to do? I try to convince her that the current threadbare and children's paddling pool depth playing squad at Crewe will impact negatively on results should we lose any further players to injury. I cannot see us rising any higher in the league table and, for me, it is all about retaining a double digit points gap between us and those teams occupying the relegation places. Has it been a disappointing season? Given the squad we started the season with, I think we are about where we should be, though I did predict at the start of the season we might finish 13th. I may have been unduly optimistic!
    Thank you for your effort to actually get this back on theme. However, it immediately went back off track again. FGS people just start another post if you want to talk about another topic! It doesn't take a B.Sc in anything to do that.
    Anyway, - on topic- I hope CBR can make an early comeback. The management are suggesting the end of next month (but are making it clear that is optimistic!). That would bring him back in the middle of the tough run. I look forward to that as we have sorely missed him. Ainley should be in full contention as well this week. I'm looking forward to an improvement that would prove that circumstances rather than innate incompetence have affected the club this season.
    Not expecting a play-off push but don't believe relegation is a real danger.

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    Thank you for your effort to actually get this back on theme. However, it immediately went back off track again. FGS people just start another post if you want to talk about another topic! It doesn't take a B.Sc in anything to do that.
    Anyway, - on topic- I hope CBR can make an early comeback. The management are suggesting the end of next month (but are making it clear that is optimistic!). That would bring him back in the middle of the tough run. I look forward to that as we have sorely missed him. Ainley should be in full contention as well this week. I'm looking forward to an improvement that would prove that circumstances rather than innate incompetence have affected the club this season.
    Not expecting a play-off push but don't believe relegation is a real danger.

we definitely will not offer a play off push and with regards to relegation we are safe but not because of the actions of our inept board more in the fact that there are some teams who are not as good as us this season. However a terrible season where we have clearly demonstrated we are going backwards and heading for non league football in the coming years unless something changes. Just watching Wrexham they are miles better than us as are several other non league teams and as these are promoted we are pushed closer to the trapdoor.

Quote Originally Posted by Wartman View Post
    we definitely will not offer a play off push and with regards to relegation we are safe but not because of the actions of our inept board more in the fact that there are some teams who are not as good as us this season. However a terrible season where we have clearly demonstrated we are going backwards and heading for non league football in the coming years unless something changes. Just watching Wrexham they are miles better than us as are several other non league teams and as these are promoted we are pushed closer to the trapdoor.
    I am not entirely sure the charge against our board of ineptitude is altogether fair. I am not saying they are perfect but they have backed the manager with funds for signings and when all said and done they are keeping the club afloat. The comparison with Wrexham is not a good one as they have had a shed load of money thrown at them. And good luck to them I say. Their owners seem genuinely enthusiastic about the club and the community. I feel we, as a club, could do more in the community. But we are clearly in transition on the field and I think time needs to be afforded without lashing out with the big stick every verse end.

I wonder how well Wrexham would perform without Mullin and Palmer. Of course Hollywood money helps as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123