+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T:- Everton - a basket case

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Yes Grantham there are some really 'massive' clubs looking likely to get relegated this season.,but even if there was, I am confident we will be in a stronger place to gain promotion. Maybe some people like to wallow in negativity. And no I am not a happy fu*cking clapper.
    If it was only as simple as that, Rodders gone others potentially gone, and this years dynamic disappears, it’s about here and now to strengthen to get us out this league with the excellent position we sit in now. Otherwise it becomes another season of failure unless people are content to be in the National League for the foreseeable future
    Last edited by keldsyke; 27-01-2023 at 08:01 PM.

If we fail to get out of this league this season, then as the club set this season's target as promotion, it will have to be called a season of failure. Harsh as it is, I would agree, but you would have to be a pessimist to think it will lead to everything unravelling in the summer with departures of our best players, without being able to replace them, such has been our recent good recruitment record.
    I didn't say I was content to be in the NL for the foreseeable future but didn't see the need for the pessimism of Grantham. We also look to be strengthening, with the hint of more to come very soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    They could have Pep, but it wouldn’t matter. The club is rotten to the core and a big part of that is the ownership.
    You only have to look at some clubs who have issues of fans v owners to see that clubs fail in the league. Blackpool is one. Oldham recently. Charlton has issues and dropped to L1. Don’t underestimate negativity impacting the players. Everton will be relegated
    I remember even when Everton appeared to be doing relatively well back in the David Moyes days, a mate of mine who is an Everton fan didn't have a good word to say about Bill Kenwright's role in the club. I thought he was being a bit harsh at the time, given that they were on the edge of challenging for Europe with relatively limited funds, but that was actually my mate's point: Everton had huge potential but Kenwright wouldn't relinquish control to anyone, and it was holding the club back.

A few years ago I saw that Moshiri and Usmanov had taken control of the club and assumed that would be the end of Kenwright, but when I saw my mate he said don't believe it, Kenwright would still be pulling the strings in the background. The criticism is that he's got a bit of messiah complex built around the idea that he 'saved' the club, and his ego won't allow him to not 'be someone' at the club. I think at one time Kenwright was fairly well regarded by the fans, but from what my mate says, which seems to be backed up by the mood on social media, he's pretty much despised these days and a lot of them regard him as a malevolent influence. It sounds a familiar story!

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Thing is we are doing well to compete with Wrexham its clear they are not top because of great skillsets but plenty of £££££.

They have been in NL for 16/17 years and done nowt until the money rolls in.

Look at Newcastle too Eddie Howe being praised like mad ok he has done well but its oil money that has got them at the top end.

If you have plenty of money and have decent data analyst / manager you are on the right path.
    To be fair to Howe he asn’t gone mad in the transfer market but his buying has been quite shrewd.
    He kept them up last season and bought in Burns and Trippier in defence along with Pope. They haven’t conceded for 6 games and have kept 12 clean sheets.
    It’s not only money that gets you to the top it’s good management also.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    To be fair to Howe he asn’t gone mad in the transfer market but his buying has been quite shrewd.
    He kept them up last season and bought in Burns and Trippier in defence along with Pope. They haven’t conceded for 6 games and have kept 12 clean sheets.
    It’s not only money that gets you to the top it’s good management also.
    Good management, and great recruitment. Everton have spent a lot of money on poor signings - Maupay, McNeil, etc., - while Newcastle have been far more astute with most of their signings.

Same with us - I’m now confident that the players we sign will improve us, though clearly there’s no such thing as 100% success in football given the performances of Mitchell and Taylor. Maybe we should just avoid signing players from Chesterfield in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    Yes Grantham there are some really 'massive' clubs looking likely to get relegated this season.,but even if there was, I am confident we will be in a stronger place to gain promotion. Maybe some people like to wallow in negativity. And no I am not a happy fu*cking clapper.
    Oh goody! Someone's found a way to insert an unnecessary expletive avoiding the asterisks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12