+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bring a friend tickets

Bring a friend tickets

Can someone explain why under 18 season ticket holders can’t get a free ticket for an under 18 friend, they’ve bought the appropriate ticket for their age surely this is discrimination, who makes these decisions at Dens, the club would probably benefit from a group of 14 year olds turning up on a freebie than a bunch of 50 year old men

Quote Originally Posted by jdfc View Post
    Can someone explain why under 18 season ticket holders can’t get a free ticket for an under 18 friend, they’ve bought the appropriate ticket for their age surely this is discrimination, who makes these decisions at Dens, the club would probably benefit from a group of 14 year olds turning up on a freebie than a bunch of 50 year old men
    Ask the ‘customer service assistant’ in the shop.

She’s very amenable and full of the joys of spring.

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    Ask the ‘customer service assistant’ in the shop.

She’s very amenable and full of the joys of spring.
    I did, was told we don’t make the rules and shown a sheet of paper with a couple of lines highlighted

Perhaps the mama of the club have introduced this rule to stop an under 18 season ticket holder bringing a friend who would normally purchase a full priced adult ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    Perhaps the mama of the club have introduced this rule to stop an under 18 season ticket holder bringing a friend who would normally purchase a full priced adult ticket.
    Think this is the case ,when swapping a ticket you get a complementary ticket so anybody any age can use it , although I’ve been told but might be wrongly informed that under 18s can swap tickets , it’s the £1 tickets that can’t be swapped

Quote Originally Posted by num1adi View Post
    Think this is the case ,when swapping a ticket you get a complementary ticket so anybody any age can use it , although I’ve been told but might be wrongly informed that under 18s can swap tickets , it’s the £1 tickets that can’t be swapped
    I can assure you under 18’s not entitled to free ticket, what difference would it make who they give it to, it’s free, I doubt many of any will pay for a ticket this week, just go into a pub and get one

I can assure you under 18’s not entitled to free ticket, what difference would it make who they give it to, it’s free, I doubt many of any will pay for a ticket this week, just go into a pub and get one
    The simple solution is to issue different coloured ‘bring a friend’ tickets depending on which category of Season ticket holders are requesting one.
    An under 18’s season ticket can only get a free ticket for a person in their own age group.
    You would think that the management of Dundee Football Club would be trying to make it as easy as possible to try to get young people to attend home games at Dens Park as they are their Adult supporters of the future. Normally when a person starts to support a football team they are a supporter of their team for life unless they are ‘glory seekers’.

When eh wis wee in the 50s eh got a sneaky in under the turnstiles mister ge is sneaky in does that count as a bring a friend

Quote Originally Posted by auldndee View Post
    When eh wis wee in the 50s eh got a sneaky in under the turnstiles mister ge is sneaky in does that count as a bring a friend
    I entered Dens Park for the Arbroath game using Gate 30 and it still has one of the old fashioned turnstiles where I used to get a sneaky in when I was wee in the 1960’s.

Quote Originally Posted by auldndee View Post
    Me too. The whole thing was a recognised system where my grandparents would bring my brother and me to the game. Lifted over and everyone was really friendly. I am sure the attitude was that there were seats available and it was in the club’s interest to try to build up enthusiasm for the club being encouraged in the younger generations. No need for youth policies and stuff. Just commonsense help parents to bring their kids to the games and make the kids feel welcome. Bit like schools. Parents wishes are subordinate to the politicians and teachers who think they should organise the education system to suit their ideas rather than deliver what the parents want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)