+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: O/T What’s for tea tonight?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Yes indeed, or with salad cream if no ketchup available
    Brown sauce.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    For those of us not in the know - where is it? I guess it's near/once was the Ring 'O' Bells but wracking my brain and I doubt it's where the café used to be across from the Minister, or is it?
    Was you thinking of the Ring O'Bells pub at Swinton Camiller, across from St Margaret's Church.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Was you thinking of the Ring O'Bells pub at Swinton Camiller, across from St Margaret's Church.
    I probably was ELK and thinking of the chippy I think it was you guided me to when I was there back in 2017. That one was just down from The Gate, probably called The Gate chippy maybe? It was OK but not a patch on Leslie's back in the 1970s.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I probably was ELK and thinking of the chippy I think it was you guided me to when I was there back in 2017. That one was just down from The Gate, probably called The Gate chippy maybe? It was OK but not a patch on Leslie's back in the 1970s.
    There was a chip shop topside of the Kings Head pub, the chip shop now a Chinese takeaway, there was Greasy Lil's
    chip shop across from Robin Hood pub, now a Turkish barbers.
    There was Elbeck's chip shop end of Limegrove road opposite corner to Station Hotel, this chip shop just reopened
    again.
    The Station Hotel is being made into fish & chip restaurant, with flats above, same company as the 'Sea Fish '
    chippy / restaurant at Conisborough, which the Sea Fish at Conisborough we use a lot, but now with them changing
    the Station Hotel into one of theirs, it will be great for me, end of our street.
    Leslies chip shop we used when at school, used to go there, then go & sit on canal locks to eat them, sometimes
    we wagged it & didn't go back to school in the afternoon.
    There is a chip shop low side of the Gate Inn pub, it was called 'Carls' I know Carl he couldn't make it pay, he sold
    his paper shop business next door to set the chip shop up. He sold the chip shop to some Chinese, I don't know
    who's got it now.
    Last edited by Ericsladkilnhurst; 27-01-2023 at 09:01 PM.

I had lettuce. It was lovely.

..................i'm slimming................

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234