+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I haven’t seen owt from Roma lately???

Ive communicated with Roma privately over the past years ( as Im sure a good few have on here), but never actually met him sadly. He knew this thread had started and the good wishes sent,. As Animal said he faced the illness and the setbacks with treatment with massive courage.
    His humour …. and also the occasional “gu ballax” on the board will be remembered by us for a long time. How many times did he say “Im done here”? …..and then return within two days!
    My Thoughts are also with his family, ….
    Every text I had during the last few years ended with HIM wishing us “Keep well” or “all the best “ ( and usually asking about the dog! ) … this despite HIS own battle!

Class.
    He will be very sadly missed.

Ill be raising a glass of “yella tail” to him this weekend…

My condolences to his family, never met him but he wore his heart on his sleeve on here and seemed like a top bloke!
    RIP mate, Once a Red....................

Really sad news on Roma’s passing.

Like some others I was fortunate to have had some quality communication with him in addition to enjoying all his contributions on this forum.

To his Family my deepest sympathy, my heart goes out to you all at this difficult time. I am going to miss him too.

Top Man in many ways you were Roma – R.I.P Mate

I am very sad to hear the news about Roma, I have not been contributing on here for very long but have been an active reader of the forum for many years before taking the plunge & one of the reasons I joined was to communicate with such a die hard red as Roma , it has been a pleasure to talk to the guy , at this moment I would like to send my condolences to his family & friends , he will be sadly missed.

God bless you Roma
    RIP

Oh my God,i'm devastated to hear this awful news abart mi owd pal Roma.He was always terrific company when i met him at academy games,the only way he could have improved as a person would be if he was lucky enough to have been born a BLADE(only jokin,i'm sure Roma would smile at it,he had a wonderful sense of humour) I send genuine sympathy to all Roma's family & friends. God Bless you Roma buddy,gone but you won't be forgotten. UTB

This sad news did cross my mind the other night when I saw that private contact thread, to his friend SB. And sadly now, we know it is true.
    I chatted many times in private on here with Roma/Steve (is it ok now to mention his real name), and it was always interesting sharing comments with him.
    Even in private there might be the odd 'gu ballax' comment from him, and then he'd follow it with a lol or a smiley face etc.
    Rip Roma mate. ☹️ 🇮🇹

Condolences to family and friends.

Thanks for our private chats over the years Roma owd lad & thanks for the wise words & the support.

Rest in Peace Roma.

I’ve only just got round to reading the last few days posts and I’m shocked and saddened at the news that Roma had passed away.
    You don’t have to have known a person to know what they’re like and Roma always came across as a down to earth, funny and knowledgeable man, someone I’d have been happy to have a pint with.
    Sad sad news,
    R.I.P. Roma

Rest easy Roma.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast