+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Auschwitz

Auschwitz

Was liberated 78 years ago today.

I still find that Hell hole impossible to comprehend.

The hardest watch of all time on documentaries.

Those who conceived and ran the camps deserve to burn for eternity in Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    I still find that Hell hole impossible to comprehend.

The hardest watch of all time on documentaries.

Those who conceived and ran the camps deserve to burn for eternity in Hell.

No worse than what the Russians are doing in 2023. Schools should start to rewrite the history books! To think some are trying to convince themselves it’s not happening!

Was intending taking a trip there last Year but it’s a bit too close to lviv so its on hold for now.

We did go the Eagles Nest (Hitler’s summer HQ) in Austria in Sep gone.

Can’t get my head around why such evil plans were inspired in such a beautiful picturesque location!!

Sometimes I despair about the human race I really do

Mass shooting in Israel today after 10 Palestinian we killed the other day.
    My Dad was in Palestine before WW2 started , after all these years still no peace.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    No worse than what the Russians are doing in 2023. Schools should start to rewrite the history books! To think some are trying to convince themselves it’s not happening!
    I understand the point you are attempting to make Al but they aren't even close yet.
    Industrial scale murder and industrial scale warfare is still a long way off at the moment. Hopefully it won't arrive ever.
    We are still at the N Chamberlain stage of the conflict where we think it can still be avoided.
    The Holocaust is a stark reminder of what happens when you use appeasement as a policy. The signs are there for all.
    Peace and Joy this weekend to you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbag View Post
    I understand the point you are attempting to make Al but they aren't even close yet.
    Industrial scale murder and industrial scale warfare is still a long way off at the moment. Hopefully it won't arrive ever.
    We are still at the N Chamberlain stage of the conflict where we think it can still be avoided.
    The Holocaust is a stark reminder of what happens when you use appeasement as a policy. The signs are there for all.
    Peace and Joy this weekend to you all.
    Very true DB!

Been to Dachau many years ago.

I visited krakow few years ago and we had had a tour to Auschwitz and birkenau.both camps a short distance to each other. Incredible to think what happened there all those years ago..systematic industrialised murder of a millions. As an ex serviceman myself I have seen what cruelty man can impose against man but can’t imagine the hell those poor people must of suffered in there. If you get chance to go then please do..
    Also in krakow visit the Schindler factory and the old Jewish district. You can still see some yellow stars of David on the concrete walls of the old ghetto.it’s quite humbling I must say.

As an aside, and comparison between Nazi Germany under Hitler and Stalin's Soviet Russia, at the end of WW2 with Stalin intent on installing Russian friendly governments in Eastern European countries he built some 16 new camps and allegedly reopened camps on sites at both Auschwitz and Buchenwald in order to hold dissidents from Poland, Germany and Hungary etc. Stalin's great purges had begun in the 1930s but now escalated again as the "iron curtain" fell down. By 1950 some 2.5 million prisoners were being held in camps and gulags in both Eastern Europe and Russia itself. Stalin's regime was also anti-Semitic and whilst it may not have resorted to the horror tactics of Hitler's Final Solution, it was certainly brutal and equally murderous. Most historians agree that Stalin was ultimately responsible for far more deaths than the Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by boinggazmic View Post
    I visited krakow few years ago and we had had a tour to Auschwitz and birkenau.both camps a short distance to each other. Incredible to think what happened there all those years ago..systematic industrialised murder of a millions. As an ex serviceman myself I have seen what cruelty man can impose against man but can’t imagine the hell those poor people must of suffered in there. If you get chance to go then please do..
    Also in krakow visit the Schindler factory and the old Jewish district. You can still see some yellow stars of David on the concrete walls of the old ghetto.it’s quite humbling I must say.
    Agree 100% boinggazzer buddy. We had a similar trip to Krakow specifically to visit Auschwitz. Very chilling and we would undoubtedly recommend everyone to undertake such a visit.
    I went there thinking I sort of knew what to expect…so wrong. This was an extremely efficient mass extermination camp, wherein virtually all the people sent there had no idea. The overall size was frightening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)