+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Usa chants

Usa chants

I'M UNSURE IF ANY OF YOU ,sorry caps, picked up on the USA chants in the last World Cup.

Quite funny, if you haven't heard them here's two. Fist one is very cringe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh_VbaAyn-4

and the second one was against England https://youtube.com/shorts/rau997I9Y14?feature=share

Like seriously how backward?

They sound like Trumpeteers

You lot invented the word "soccer." Yanks are just keeping it real. Call the first chant cringe, but it was rocking the stands. They hedged their bets and didn't say: "We will win." It was a profession of faith, a baring of souls, not a prediction.

Quote Originally Posted by Robus View Post
    You lot invented the word "soccer." Yanks are just keeping it real. Call the first chant cringe, but it was rocking the stands. They hedged their bets and didn't say: "We will win." It was a profession of faith, a baring of souls, not a prediction.
    Im not doubting "it was rocking the stands", the word choice/chants are very cringe. Very funny actually. Couldn't imagine the alongside shouting "I believe we will win, I believe we will win".

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    Im not doubting "it was rocking the stands", the word choice/chants are very cringe. Very funny actually. Couldn't imagine the alongside shouting "I believe we will win, I believe we will win".
    I can remember sometime in the 70s, there was a chant on the Longside which was shouted out by one guy and followed by the rest of us. Most of the words are lost to me now, but the bit that always cracked me up was,

We are the Burnley.........We are the Burnley,
    Longsiders.............Longsiders,
    We're gonna win..............We're gonna win,
    We never lose..............We never lose,
    Now and again................Now and again,
    We lose.............We lose.

It's not just the Yanks.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I can remember sometime in the 70s, there was a chant on the Longside which was shouted out by one guy and followed by the rest of us. Most of the words are lost to me now, but the bit that always cracked me up was,

We are the Burnley.........We are the Burnley,
    Longsiders.............Longsiders,
    We're gonna win..............We're gonna win,
    We never lose..............We never lose,
    Now and again................Now and again,
    We lose.............We lose.

It's not just the Yanks.
    Yes Sinkov hence me saying "backwards". I meant backwards, like they were behind time. They'll get there, bless them.

The USA football chants may be a little dodgy but they are as nothing in the cringeworthy stakes compared with the shouts of “Get in the hole! “ at the Ryder Cup etc

Different culture, different ethos but the Yanks are certainly getting better at footy.

Talking of Yanks, I thought Matt Turner, Arsenal's American keeper was excellent against City. Anything close to, or in the six yard box, he was having it, either catching it or punching it clear, such a change from watching the docile fecker in our goal, who most of the time gives the impression of being little more than a disinterested spectator.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Talking of Yanks, I thought Matt Turner, Arsenal's American keeper was excellent against City. Anything close to, or in the six yard box, he was having it, either catching it or punching it clear, such a change from watching the docile fecker in our goal, who most of the time gives the impression of being little more than a disinterested spectator.
    That's because most of the time he is a a disinterested spectator.

The new kid from Iraq/Belgium looks a very shrewd acquisition though.

Attachment 23368

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)