+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Halifax Town FC 28.01.23 [NL]

As said before we won’t get a big player in,our Plan B is to keep playing the way we are and eventually will open them up.
    Jody Jones is more our type of plan B player showing quality in the last 3rd to open a team up

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    We don't ever look threatening however we take corners, and to say how many we get In a game it's a pish poor return
    When we put a corner into the box they usually travel in a lowish smooth arc giving their defenders plenty of opportunity to get it away considering our distinct lack of aerial prowess.
    When you look at Wrexhams' corners ( and Ben Tozers throw ins ) they tend to drop into the area much more steeply leading to those moments of chaos.
    Talking of Tozers' throw ins - did anyone else notice that in at least a couple of them his feet were over the line?

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    ....Talking of Tozers' throw ins - did anyone else notice that in at least a couple of them his feet were over the line?
    Yes indeed.

I saw the Solihull highlights and they caused a lot of problems for Dorking with far post corners. We need to be switched on tomorrow.

What the Halifax Manager said post match.....

It was a very tough game,” Millington said. “First and foremost, Notts County are probably the best team we will play this year, I think they are the best team we’ve played this season. They’re incredible at their rotations, the way they move, and their technical ability in the way they pick the right area to play in regardless of how you press them, they know in which area the space is and where the spare man is. It’s phenomenal so credit to them.

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    It is, we're doing fantastically well in what's turning out to be a statistical freak of a season. Nothing wrong with a bit of variation though, I wouldn't say Haaland has stopped Man City playing football and Wootton was a good footballer, not just a lump. I think a player like him is a useful player to have in any squad.
    I think the problem is they’re obviously not going to get regular starts (I mean Scott struggles to and he’s brilliant), so it’s very unlikely we’re going to find a particularly good big forward who’s happy to come here for the odd 20 minutes to try and find a winner.

It’s not really our style, but in situations like Yeovil and Boreham Wood where we’re basically camped out in their half looking for a goal and there’s zero threat on the break, I’d be half tempted to stick Cameron up there for a bit. He played a more advanced role a bit for Torquay and he’s one of those players who has a tendency to cause a bit of chaos, while being technically good enough that he can still get involved in the play and isn’t just a battering ram.

Jacob I think when we play Scott as a centre forward(which isn't often) and Langstaff off him on the shoulder we look capable of scoring goals whilst just tweeking the system.

I have been thinking the same thing Jacob. It doesn't have to be a big goal scorer we need to create havoc if needed at the end of games, just someone who will put himself about and force confusion in the opposition defence, allowing Macca, Ruben or Scott to feed off any crumbs. by using someone from within the squad, a) we are saving money, and b) we do not have an unhappy player possibly causing friction at his lack of playing time.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    I think the problem is they’re obviously not going to get regular starts (I mean Scott struggles to and he’s brilliant), so it’s very unlikely we’re going to find a particularly good big forward who’s happy to come here for the odd 20 minutes to try and find a winner.

It’s not really our style, but in situations like Yeovil and Boreham Wood where we’re basically camped out in their half looking for a goal and there’s zero threat on the break, I’d be half tempted to stick Cameron up there for a bit. He played a more advanced role a bit for Torquay and he’s one of those players who has a tendency to cause a bit of chaos, while being technically good enough that he can still get involved in the play and isn’t just a battering ram.
    Or Rawlo, an uncompromising battering ram in defence who could do a similar job up front for 10-15 min at the end of a game if we need something different, whether he starts or is on the bench

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast