+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Halifax Town FC 28.01.23 [NL]

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Jacob I think when we play Scott as a centre forward(which isn't often) and Langstaff off him on the shoulder we look capable of scoring goals whilst just tweeking the system.
    Correct. If i was Scott i wouldn't be very happy at constantly being left out. The problem Notts are going to be faced with is that he only signed a 2 year contract. With that being the case, it is unlikely he will want to extend his current one. Just like Wootton he will be allowed to leave for nothing. For me he is just as good, if not better than Macca.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Yes indeed.
    I thought that you also should have two feet on the ground, unless that has been changed?

durham if you were unhappy at being left out of a team that is top of the league, that has the leagues top scorer, and uses squad rotation consistently, then maybe you wouldn't be welcome at Notts anyway.
    If Scott is/was unhappy then surely he could be sold at the end of this season for a fee, while still having a year left of his contract.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Correct. If i was Scott i wouldn't be very happy at constantly being left out. The problem Notts are going to be faced with is that he only signed a 2 year contract. With that being the case, it is unlikely he will want to extend his current one. Just like Wootton he will be allowed to leave for nothing. For me he is just as good, if not better than Macca.
    He’s basically currently in direct competition with Austin for a starting lineup if all players are fit. With them being so different it’s likely he’ll play who he thinks is more suited to the opposition. There’s Bajrami too, he was wildly viewed before we signed him to be able to play at a higher level. Competitions high and Jones is in the mix now too, he’s got to pick what he thinks is the best team regardless of contracts or whether they like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Proactive not Reactive View Post
    Jacob I think when we play Scott as a centre forward(which isn't often) and Langstaff off him on the shoulder we look capable of scoring goals whilst just tweeking the system.

I think you're right.
    Two main goals 1) keeping pace with Wrexham 2) winning a home play-off semi-final
    The first will need us to take an attacking approach to rack up wins.
    The second would benefit from us being able to create some separation in a game. If Halifax can hold us to a 1-goal margin, then a better 5th place team can too, especially after coming off a QF win. Then it's down to the nerves holding for Slocs, Rawlo, Brinds, etc. to hold a lead. Playing the extra striker in Scott helps us in both scenarios I think. We need to be firmly back in the habit of getting clear wins.
    77% possession playing something like 3-6-1? Or go for it with the second goalscorer at the expense of some game control?

I'm a believer in playing your best 11 players, and he is definitely one of them.On top of that he is a goal scorer, and when he plays with Macca we have more chance of finishing teams off.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I think you're right.
    Two main goals 1) keeping pace with Wrexham 2) winning a home play-off semi-final
    The first will need us to take an attacking approach to rack up wins.
    The second would benefit from us being able to create some separation in a game. If Halifax can hold us to a 1-goal margin, then a better 5th place team can too, especially after coming off a QF win. Then it's down to the nerves holding for Slocs, Rawlo, Brinds, etc. to hold a lead. Playing the extra striker in Scott helps us in both scenarios I think. We need to be firmly back in the habit of getting clear wins.
    77% possession playing something like 3-6-1? Or go for it with the second goalscorer at the expense of some game control?
    I get what you mean, but I don’t think the two scenarios are really comparable. In the play-offs a team would have to attack us if 1-0 down, which Halifax never bothered doing. I think we could’ve pretty much played who we liked on Saturday and the game would’ve gone as it did they were that negative - we ended with Langstaff, Scott, Ruben and Jones all on the pitch apart from anything else haha.

Agree with whoever above said that we’ve got one place on our team that mostly is going to come down to who LW thinks best suits the opposition we’re playing out of Austin, Scott and now Jones.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    I'm a believer in playing your best 11 players, and he is definitely one of them.On top of that he is a goal scorer, and when he plays with Macca we have more chance of finishing teams off.
    We signed them as a scoring double act and should play them as such.

uysapie, if that were the case we should be playing Langstaff on the right wing and Scott down the middle.

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast