+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match Thread vs. Halifax Town FC 28.01.23 [NL]

They are still scoring goals at around the same rate as last season, even though not as a pair and with Scott playing markedly less minutes. I am quite happy with LW deciding when and where they play.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    He’s basically currently in direct competition with Austin for a starting lineup if all players are fit. With them being so different it’s likely he’ll play who he thinks is more suited to the opposition. There’s Bajrami too, he was wildly viewed before we signed him to be able to play at a higher level. Competitions high and Jones is in the mix now too, he’s got to pick what he thinks is the best team regardless of contracts or whether they like it or not.
    There is no comparison between Scott and Austin. Scott is a prolific goal scorer, Austin isn't. So he shouldn't be in competition with him for a starting place. And that applies to Jones as well, who also is not a goal scorer..

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    There is no comparison between Scott and Austin. Scott is a prolific goal scorer, Austin isn't. So he shouldn't be in competition with him for a starting place. And that applies to Jones as well, who also is not a goal scorer..
    It's not always about playing goal scorers
    . You play the player best suited to how you want to approach the game tactically
    Playing Austin undoubtedly improves Chicksens performances due to the areas Austin operates
    Chicksen is not as effective when Scott is playing however Scott offers a bigger goal threat

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    They are still scoring goals at around the same rate as last season, even though not as a pair and with Scott playing markedly less minutes. I am quite happy with LW deciding when and where they play.
    Yes, but would you be happy if Scott decided to leave for that very same reason. After all goal, scorers are a rare commodity at our level and would be very difficult to replace. I'm going to be a little contentious by suggesting that LW is a bit predictable when it comes to players being left out or being subbed....

If Scott decided to move because of his lack of minutes, when others who think they deserve more minutes are happy to play for their place, then I would say cheerio. I do not think for a minute however, that Scott is that type of character.
    I think you are not being contentious but more like deluded with your suggestions about LW team selection. I think your judgement is being clouded by your dislike of JB and admiration of CS.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpies1959 View Post
    If Scott decided to move because of his lack of minutes, when others who think they deserve more minutes are happy to play for their place, then I would say cheerio. I do not think for a minute however, that Scott is that type of character.
    I think you are not being contentious but more like deluded with your suggestions about LW team selection. I think your judgement is being clouded by your dislike of JB and admiration of CS.
    I dont know JB to dislike him. When Ive listened to him he sounds a very sincere guy, I just dont think that he is the right fit for our style of play. I may be proved wrong, but we shall see. It wouldn't surprise me to see him start tonight ahead of JOB who has been a rock in our midfield.. I'm sure there will be those who says that he cant play a full 90 minutes, and play 2 games a week. That to me is an excuse..

Maybe we should play Scott at centre back.

Quote Originally Posted by jacobncfc View Post
    Maybe we should play Scott at centre back.
    We signed them as a lethal striking partnership, not as a now and again scenario.. I'm sure the brothers who signed him expected Scott to partner Macca. If it goes tits up and we fail to get out of this league purely because we have played square pegs in round holes, then there is only one person to blame.

Yes, but would you be happy if Scott decided to leave for that very same reason. After all goal, scorers are a rare commodity at our level and would be very difficult to replace. I'm going to be a little contentious by suggesting that LW is a bit predictable when it comes to players being left out or being subbed....
    Wouldn't say that, Austins struggled to get a start all season and now getting his chance. The thing is we can't have it both ways, if you want quality in depth, that means you have very good players on the bench that other clubs would want. Sat we had a fairly strong bench, personally I would like it to be a tad stronger than that if we want to win the title.

We signed them as a lethal striking partnership, not as a now and again scenario.. I'm sure the brothers who signed him expected Scott to partner Macca. If it goes tits up and we fail to get out of this league purely because we have played square pegs in round holes, then there is only one person to blame.
    We also signed other players Durham who haven't played every game the owners outlaid for. Maccas playing a totally different role to last season when he was wide in a league below. LW assessed him when he came in and put him central and basically the one focal point, I think its hard to say he got that one wrong. Scott will play plenty of games this season.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast