+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Currently available and if he can somehow get us qualifying for Europe he will put himself right into the shop window. Some people like a foreign challenge and he might see it as a step to a gig in the English Premiership. I don’t think our 4 FMB members have that vision though….they will be debating over the usual managerial failures who will no doubt be linked by all the media.
    We need a whole new fresh approach at Aberdeen…Adi Hutter would bring that. A good manager will cost money but employing bad ones cost a hell of a lot more.
    I completely agree that we need to look outside Scotland for our next manager but I've said this to you before and will say it again, you are living in loud cuckoo land if you think Hutter is coming to Aberdeen as his next job. Three of his last four clubs have been champions league level clubs with the other being one of the top Bundesliga clubs. His last salary was 4 Million Euros per annum plus bonuses. His net job will be in a different universe to the one we play in

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    What shop window did Derek get put in with his qualifying for Europe record. Imagine all the European clubs will be checking the Scottish league table for next forward thinking managers.
    This^^

Ah red John still living in cuckoo land

I’m sure English Premier League clubs are looking at Robbie Neilson for finishing 3rd in the SPFL 2 years in a row

Well this is a right shambles we are in now but we can’t afford anymore experiments at this stage in the season, I too would like to see us trying a foreign manager but not now. We need a safe pair of hands in for the remainder of the season to at least get top six and try and get this fourth spot to at least salvage something from what has been a horrendous season.

I don’t know if we go with Robson for a few games and if he does ok give him the rest of the season while the FMB , nae laughing please, do their homework and try and get the right man this time.

If we don’t go down that route I’d also like to think we might try and get someone high calibre but out of work at the moment ok a short term deal until the end of the season . I’ve no idea who but please not Jack Ross or Neil Lennon.

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    What shop window did Derek get put in with his qualifying for Europe record. Imagine all the European clubs will be checking the Scottish league table for next forward thinking managers.
    You can hardly say Derek McInnes was ever forward thinking

He had it easy to qualify for Europe but failed in every attempt to get us into the group stages.

I don’t know what salary Adi Hutter was on but since he isn’t working maybe it’s worth the chance of asking if he fancies giving us a go. Give him the incentive of fantastic bonuses for trophies won, European league qualification etc. You never know…he might well say yes. Probably not to Gunn though

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I don’t know what salary Adi Hutter was on.
    Something you don't know? Surprising.

I've read a few things tonight online from folk wanting Lennon.
    Taking away the baggage he comes with, his Achilles heel is defence, the guy signed Efe Ambrose twice ffs. Wouldn't be putting my hopes on him fixing our issues on top of most of us not wanting him.

Martindale is going to be linked and he had done well at Livi, but his voice is reason alone to avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Taking away the baggage he comes with, his Achilles heel is defence, the guy signed Efe Ambrose twice ffs. Wouldn't be putting my hopes on him fixing our issues on top of most of us not wanting him.

Martindale is going to be linked and he had done well at Livi, but his voice is reason alone to avoid.
    If we are going to seriously look at Lennon or Martindale then we should chuck it.

Something you don't know? Surprising.
    I will need evidence of this salary. In fairness he will be worth every penny of it. You lot can thank me later

I don’t think we will go for Martindale, thankfully, he’s got too much similarities to Goodwin as in he’s got a decent record at a tin pot club.

I see the boy Chris Wilder who took Sheffield United up to the Premier League is being quoted as saying he’s interested. Probably a heap of ****e but maybe someone like that out of work and available now might be the way to go for rest of the season .

Page 3 of 83 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast