+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I will need evidence of this salary. In fairness he will be worth every penny of it. You lot can thank me later
    Wise up ye Muppet.

NOBODY has asked for your "expert" advice on this subject ?
    Keep trying to be the authority on everything Aberdeen though,.....Like

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I don’t know what salary Adi Hutter was on but since he isn’t working maybe it’s worth the chance of asking if he fancies giving us a go. Give him the incentive of fantastic bonuses for trophies won, European league qualification etc. You never know…he might well say yes. Probably not to Gunn though
    Apparently Hutter was on EUR4 million. Not sure Goodwin's salary with us, but at St M was reportedly £300k - so I wouldn't imagine we would have doubled, let alone 14x-sed, his salary. So at a guess, I reckon Hutter would laugh at us for more reasons than money alone. I shall ask the good folks over here in Deutschland what they reckon to the idea. But normally when I bring up the mighty dons I get fairly blank looks until someone recalls we were the making of Fergie.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    This^^

Ah red John still living in cuckoo land

I’m sure English Premier League clubs are looking at Robbie Neilson for finishing 3rd in the SPFL 2 years in a row
    Never. RJ in cukooland. How dare you suggest that! He knows where we should be heading, and that any experienced manager would come here in a heartbeat. We should all share his very realistic ambition. And if we, and the club, don't reflect his ambition then we should dismiss (even sack) the new manager before the first game is played.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    I don’t think we will go for Martindale, thankfully, he’s got too much similarities to Goodwin as in he’s got a decent record at a tin pot club.

I see the boy Chris Wilder who took Sheffield United up to the Premier League is being quoted as saying he’s interested. Probably a heap of ****e but maybe someone like that out of work and available now might be the way to go for rest of the season .
    I think Martindale has done a better job at Livi than JG at St Mitten, but still a no from me.

Wilder I think would be good, but doubt we could afford him either and would need a number two with good knowledge of our game to work with.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Wise up ye Muppet.

NOBODY has asked for your "expert" advice on this subject ?
    Keep trying to be the authority on everything Aberdeen though,.....Like
    Don’t get upset precious….it’s only my opinion on who should be the next Dons boss. Try and lighten up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by DondyDan View Post
    Apparently Hutter was on EUR4 million. Not sure Goodwin's salary with us, but at St M was reportedly £300k - so I wouldn't imagine we would have doubled, let alone 14x-sed, his salary. So at a guess, I reckon Hutter would laugh at us for more reasons than money alone. I shall ask the good folks over here in Deutschland what they reckon to the idea. But normally when I bring up the mighty dons I get fairly blank looks until someone recalls we were the making of Fergie.
    It’s good to know I am one of the most positive Dons fans going at the moment. We should always be looking to over achieve. No point hiring a diddy manager as all you get is diddy results. We could punt Gunn and use his wage also to entice a better manager. If we cut a few of those jobs that Cormack created when he came in we could afford whatever manager we wanted. Plus the fact that we could stop our desperation purchases of players (with the big hope of selling for a fortune) and actually sign players for a system the new manager will adopt. It doesn’t need to be Adi Hütter but I have yet to see a better name put forward. I don’t like the idea of those diddy English managers and the names of Scottish managers is frightening. There will be a few gems out there…they will cost good money though. It’s not that Cormack and Milne are short of a few bob. They owe us big time anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    I think Martindale has done a better job at Livi than JG at St Mitten, but still a no from me.

Wilder I think would be good, but doubt we could afford him either and would need a number two with good knowledge of our game to work with.
    Aye I agree Martindale has done a better job than Goodwin did at St Mirren but it would be a similar style of appointment as in they both had smaller clubs punching above their weights.

Danny Cowley might be an interesting one , he’s available.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Aye I agree Martindale has done a better job than Goodwin did at St Mirren but it would be a similar style of appointment as in they both had smaller clubs punching above their weights.

Danny Cowley might be an interesting one , he’s available.
    By all accounts Cowley has played eye-bleeding football all his managerial career.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    By all accounts Cowley has played eye-bleeding football all his managerial career.
    I Ken but on a short term deal until the end of the season he might be worth a shout to get some points of the board while the FMB line up a funcy foreigner for next season’s assault on the league!

Not sure if this is true or not but the Cormack was saying last year he was interviewing an English manager when McInnes got sacked and half way through the interview he accepted another job.

Maybe people are putting 2 and 2 together but they are saying it was Cowely who accepted the Portsmouth job at the time.

There’s probably a good chance he might be in contention for the job but at the end of the day he just got sacked from Portsmouth because he went on a 2 month winless run.

Surely we should be looking at better than that,red John and Jupiter would have a field day if he got appointed

Page 4 of 83 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast