+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I hope they don’t take a gamble on this Spanish guy,it’s got relegation battle written all over it.
    Yes there’s no way a European could teach us anything about football !!

I hope they don’t take a gamble on this Spanish guy,it’s got relegation battle written all over it.
    How do you know? Like all of us, you've never heard of him before

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    How do you know? Like all of us, you've never heard of him before
    I’ve had a look at his website,yes he has made his own website so alarm bells should be ringing with that alone.

Seems to have done well for a season in Japan but the majority of his career as a manager other than that has been in Thailand.

If the fmb are looking at him because the Celtic manager got plucked out from the league in Japan then we are well and truly doomed.

I’ve got no issue with us hiring a foreign manager but it has to be a decent one.

http://www.ricardorodriguez.co.uk/en/

I’ve had a look at his website,yes he has made his own website so alarm bells should be ringing with that alone.

Seems to have done well for a season in Japan but the majority of his career as a manager other than that has been in Thailand.

If the fmb are looking at him because the Celtic manager got plucked out from the league in Japan then we are well and truly doomed.

I’ve got no issue with us hiring a foreign manager but it has to be a decent one.

http://www.ricardorodriguez.co.uk/en/
    Well, if any European managers with a proven track record of success and the ability to adapt to managing in a different country are amongst those interested that would be fantastic.

I've always maintained that in order to find a truly special manager (that would be willing to come to us) there has to be an element of gambling involved. Those with a remotely impressive pedigree will be queuing up to manage your smaller premier league teams and decent championship sides, same with British managers.

Not saying Rodriguez is the answer but he's a better shout than someone like Glass for example who coached Atlanta reserves or Goodwin who did ok with Alloa and St Mirren. He's managed/coached in Spain, Saudi, Thailand and Japan and seems to have made an impact. Could well be another Ian Cathro or Stephen Glass but like I said, unless there's another standout candidate...it might be worth a shot.

I admit Ricardo Rodriquez Suarez wasn’t my first choice but it looks like our FMB and CEO won’t stump up for Adi Hütter or Kjetil Knutsen….what I will state though is that if we are genuinely interested in bringing this guy to manager our club then that is a step forward compared to Cormack’s last couple of efforts. The guy has done very well in Japan and I am more than certain our recent managerial incumbents (including McInnes) would struggle to get to that level. The Japanese players we have in Scotland (Celtic) are a breath of fresh air are have fantastic energy and desire on the pitch (however much we don’t like that). Give me that idea and style of football over any of the absolute dross we have seen in recent years any day of the week.

I know we won’t spend huge money in getting players in but we need to have a different style of play and attitude to matches (especially against Celtic and Rangers) to improve as a club. Letting teams dictate matches against us is a pathetic approach and not an Aberdeen style I have had to suffer for too long now. Get us a manager who has the balls to take anyone on…that would be a fantastic start.

That last para suggests Barry Robson?

Quote Originally Posted by Don Julio View Post
    That last para suggests Barry Robson?
    They were dreadful against Celtic and his first match when we ended up with 10 men was poor from the players. Has a lot of convincing to do before I would give him the job.

Barry has done well enough so far in turning round the teams performances. Must have been a fairly difficult job getting the players to pick up the tools after their major sulks. I think that he may be beginning to show he has what it takes to lead a team. I do think that bringing in Agnew will have helped him so he gets credit for that move. Taking the pressure off the captain was also are good move - although he was able to do that as Goodwin had set up two new centre halves to permit this.

However, what we don't know is how he would get on with bringing in new players. We'll need a few in the summer and those decisions are going to be central to our results in the next season. We don't know how the club works towards new players nor if the clubs scouting network will continue given the change of manager. If everything stays the same then perhaps Barry would be well supported as the current set up seem to have achieved well in bringing in some excellent players (Duk, Miovski, Shinnie, the centre halfs, Clarkson have all been pluses so far).

Bringing through our own is also an attractive option but perhaps a third inexperienced manager in a row is maybe a step too far.

The club has a difficult decision to make. Maybe someone with experience with Robson/ Agnew as an assistant team would be an option if all parties were willing to work in such a system.

Good luck to the club in making their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    They were dreadful against Celtic and his first match when we ended up with 10 men was poor from the players. Has a lot of convincing to do before I would give him the job.
    And i'm not convinced even Pep Guardolia (or Adi Hutter) would be able to completely transform this Aberdeen team and have them playing to the best of their ability, following tactical instructions with military precision in their first or second game in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    And i'm not convinced even Pep Guardolia (or Adi Hutter) would be able to completely transform this Aberdeen team and have them playing to the best of their ability, following tactical instructions with military precision in their first or second game in charge.
    They would certainly have them doing better than we had been.

Page 57 of 83 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967 ... LastLast