+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 77 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

I will be delighted if it all works out for Barry Robson and more delighted still if we promote from within after he moves to Man Utd.

The thought of some english twát stringing us along boils my blood though.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Are we sure he is being signed up to work with the First Team ?
    No idea. I suppose if Barry is manager, somebody will need to be looking after the younger players, so could well be he is taking on Barry's role.

I know he won't be our manager, so not overly fussed.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    No idea. I suppose if Barry is manager, somebody will need to be looking after the younger players, so could well be he is taking on Barry's role.

I know he won't be our manager, so not overly fussed.
    He won’t be our manager but has a good reputation as a coach - if he can assist Robson to deliver whether with senior or youth players, then fair enough

Quote Originally Posted by KincorthDon View Post
    He won’t be our manager but has a good reputation as a coach - if he can assist Robson to deliver whether with senior or youth players, then fair enough
    Exactly. He had a good reputation as a coach, so should be a decent appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I will be delighted if it all works out for Barry Robson and more delighted still if we promote from within after he moves to Man Utd.

The thought of some english twát stringing us along boils my blood though.
    For me , He seems to have done everything asked of him right, so far ?

Can`t ask much more than that , can we ?

Scooping up a reputedly good Coach from our rivals is a good een innaw .

Jings, he`ll be going out and signing promising youngsters and decent reliable players from the Scottish Leagues next. Like we used to do ??

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I always used to think that MainStandMoan had a lot of inside info when he used to post on here. This is what he has just posted on The Hat

My understanding............. Chris Wilder was spoken to prior to JG's sacking and his reaction was fairly positive. JG sacked. .......Wilder changed his tune as various English jobs started to become available...........Robson appointed with Agnew with club looking for an appointment within a week or 2................Wilder offered substantially more funds, became interested..........until Watford appeared blowing AFC wages out the water...................Wilder has not ruled anything out in the summer, but in reality is using AFC to negotiate better opportunities closer to home. Playing a blinder.

Club spoke to Rodriguez (not interested)....................moved onto Steve Clarke (not interested and SFA put that to bed).....................moved onto Michael O'Neil (not interested meantime, but may be come summer)

And so, here we are....................

FMB are so out of touch within the game, agents and sub agents having to be used...............then we have the Cormack problem. Despite Alan Burrows coming in (we'll see how things develop over the coming weeks, given his health issues) there is still a real problem with managers not trusting DC and his constant 'involvement'

The statement is hardly indicating a long term solution has been found.........
    Rodriguez would have been interesting but Wilder can GTF.
    No point spending cash if Barry continues to do a decent job, certainly don't want to pay over the odds for a lower english league diddy loser.

As stated previously…no manager worth their salt will work under Steven Gunn and Alan Burrows. A pair of absolute nobodies.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    We could concatenate two threads here in the interests of efficiency in these austere times, so I think Kate Forbes is probably worth an interview, with Ash Regan as her assistant who’ll take over the shift should Sunday fixtures mean Forbeso can’t take her usual pew in the dugout.
    Forbes knows a fair bit about crosses right enough, Regan isn’t a good shout though. In the modern game you need to be able to transition quickly and she’s no a fan of that.

Quote Originally Posted by don_in View Post
    Forbes knows a fair bit about crosses right enough, Regan isn’t a good shout though. In the modern game you need to be able to transition quickly and she’s no a fan of that.
    Very witty

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    As stated previously…no manager worth their salt will work under Steven Gunn and Alan Burrows. A pair of absolute nobodies.
    Is that Burrows incurring the wrath of Red John already?

How long has he been with us, a month?

If not already, you need a job as a recruiter/talent spotter (a recruitment term I had not come across until Tuesday, when I was talent spotted myself). You could save companies fortunes.

Page 77 of 83 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast