+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 83 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

Wilder has apparently said no to us. Possibly couldn't afford him and all likelihood he will get another job in England sometime soon.

We pay say £20k a week for a manager, which I doubt we would, we would only see real benefits if we matched it with players at that level, which is well beyond our means.

Wilder was about the limit of my knowledge of potential candidates out with the usual suspects known to us up here.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    Wilder has apparently said no to us. Possibly couldn't afford him and all likelihood he will get another job in England sometime soon.

We pay say £20k a week for a manager, which I doubt we would, we would only see real benefits if we matched it with players at that level, which is well beyond our means.

Wilder was about the limit of my knowledge of potential candidates out with the usual suspects known to us up here.
    Hmm. I know nothing about the guy, other than whats been posted up on here :
    But it feels like he was never a real candidate ?

Yogi Hughes or Owen Coyle will likely be our eventual choice ?

( Malky McKay should be in there too, but apparently that would wreak havoc on this board !! )

Malky McKay would be the best choice.

If only to watch Mason self combust.

How dare he turn us down. Does he know who we are? Someone tell him that we won the CWC and SC, almost 40 years ago. Or, maybe, he didn’t like the way the Club is currently structured and felt that he wouldn’t get full autonomy on footballing matters!?

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    How dare he turn us down. Does he know who we are? Someone tell him that we won the CWC and SC, almost 40 years ago. Or, maybe, he didn’t like the way the Club is currently structured and felt that he wouldn’t get full autonomy on footballing matters!?
    Or,.... he wanted to commute from Sheffield .

Or ,...He wants to wait for the next vacancy in the North of England .

Lets face it, the SKY money all their clubs get hinders us as an attractive option ?

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Malky McKay would be the best choice.

If only to watch Mason self combust.
    Is / was Malky more racist than Morrisey ??

I didn't pay much attention to it at the time but I believe the accusation was that he wasn't up to date with some banned words.
    Not being up to date with newspeak is a hanging offence.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    I didn't pay much attention to it at the time but I believe the accusation was that he wasn't up to date with some banned words.
    Not being up to date with newspeak is a hanging offence.
    Oh deary me, here we go again. It has nothing to do with words being banned, it is about having an awareness of words that, despite regular use in other times, do and did then cause offense to minority groups (e.g. Chinese and Pakistanis in Scotland, Wales, England etc.)

Just because folks used to use it quite regularly, doesn't mean it didn't offend those it was pointed towards due to generally negative connotations.

Again - things change, we understand what we used to do wasn't always the best decision, we move on.

And before you ask again if I ever called a Chinese takeaway a "chinky" - yes, when I was about 10. But I grew up in a house that respected other cultures and I didn't carry that onto being a t*en or adult. Similarly, I never called the corner shop the "pakis". Negative connotations and all that.

But you know that and are being deliberately obstreperous.

Quote Originally Posted by DondyDan View Post
    Oh deary me, here we go again. It has nothing to do with words being banned, it is about having an awareness of words that, despite regular use in other times, do and did then cause offense to minority groups (e.g. Chinese and Pakistanis in Scotland, Wales, England etc.)

Just because folks used to use it quite regularly, doesn't mean it didn't offend those it was pointed towards due to generally negative connotations.

Again - things change, we understand what we used to do wasn't always the best decision, we move on.

And before you ask again if I ever called a Chinese takeaway a "chinky" - yes, when I was about 10. But I grew up in a house that respected other cultures and I didn't carry that onto being a t*en or adult. Similarly, I never called the corner shop the "pakis". Negative connotations and all that.

But you know that and are being deliberately obstreperous.
    Nothing wrong with calling someone a paki and nothing wrong with calling a Chinese meal a chinky. It’s only been made out to be bad by a load of @rseholes who want to cause bother and claim racism so they can feel victimised. I don’t mind one bit if I get called a Scot….so I honestly don’t see why I cannot shorten a Pakistani to Paki.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Nothing wrong with calling someone a paki and nothing wrong with calling a Chinese meal a chinky. It’s only been made out to be bad by a load of @rseholes who want to cause bother and claim racism so they can feel victimised. I don’t mind one bit if I get called a Scot….so I honestly don’t see why I cannot shorten a Pakistani to Paki.
    You really think that. You don't think these terms took on negative connotations in the 50s when immigrants were constantly vilified, and verbally and physically abused. And you don't think, to the receiver of such terms, that they associate them with these negative connotations. Are you really that thick.

It's not a simple shortening, it's not like calling someone from Scotland a Scot. It's the way it is, or has been predominantly used. Scot has never been used as a term of insult, stereotype or abuse. Words like "paki" have. Scot is never applied to a whole group of people of similar appearance. Words like "paki" and "chinky" have. Nobody ever looked at a white European, called them a Scot, and when corrected turned round and said "they all look the same anyway". Malkay Mackay (to stick on topic) referred to a South Korean as a "chinky", and he's not the only one to use the term flippantly. It is not only wrong, but is offensive to all nationalities involved.

So wise the f**k up and stop being such a thick pr*ck.

Page 13 of 83 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast