+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 83 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

Anyway, somebody mentioned next manager. Where are we with that!

Quote Originally Posted by DondyDan View Post
    You really think that. You don't think these terms took on negative connotations in the 50s when immigrants were constantly vilified, and verbally and physically abused. And you don't think, to the receiver of such terms, that they associate them with these negative connotations. Are you really that thick.

It's not a simple shortening, it's not like calling someone from Scotland a Scot. It's the way it is, or has been predominantly used. Scot has never been used as a term of insult, stereotype or abuse. Words like "paki" have. Scot is never applied to a whole group of people of similar appearance. Words like "paki" and "chinky" have. Nobody ever looked at a white European, called them a Scot, and when corrected turned round and said "they all look the same anyway". Malkay Mackay (to stick on topic) referred to a South Korean as a "chinky", and he's not the only one to use the term flippantly. It is not only wrong, but is offensive to all nationalities involved.

So wise the f**k up and stop being such a thick pr*ck.
    Round my way there are few people of Pakistani origin. Mainly Bangladeshi. True to your point though , nobody calls them Banglas.

I get a little offended being called a Sweaty Sock. Usually that comes those soft southern english cockernee barstewards though . The tightwad Yorkies only refer to us as Jocks. I tell you this merely to help any of you prepare yourselves for a visit to Engerlund. ( bunch a cnuts !! )

And yes, I`m still of the opinion we`ll end up with Yogi Hughes as next manager ?

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post

And yes, I`m still of the opinion we`ll end up with Yogi Hughes as next manager ?
    That would be a big Boo-Boo.

I'll get me coat...

Quote Originally Posted by neilthedon View Post
    Round my way there are few people of Pakistani origin. Mainly Bangladeshi. True to your point though , nobody calls them Banglas.

I get a little offended being called a Sweaty Sock. Usually that comes those soft southern english cockernee barstewards though . The tightwad Yorkies only refer to us as Jocks. I tell you this merely to help any of you prepare yourselves for a visit to Engerlund. ( bunch a cnuts !! )

My folks are English (pair of cnuts ). I never forgave them, but thank them for never having made me live there growing up! They now live on the Dorset/Devon border having moved back south a couple of years back (why would you swap Dyce for the South coast!). I get called all sorts if I go to visit them. Fu**ing English!

The whole Scot vs Sweaty thing is a whole other story

Living in Germany's great. I barely know what people are calling me!

I'm off the opinion that I can't even guess who we will get as next manager and will just wait and see - and hope for someone outwith the normal Largs school of sleep inducing tripe

The only person I ever heard using the term “paki bästard” was an Indian.

I’ve been a gwailou in Canton, I never took
    offence.

I’ve been a farang in Thailand, I never took offence.

Scot in Hungarian means being a tight bästard.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 08-02-2023 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    The only person I ever heard using the term “paki bästard” was an Indian.

I’ve been a gwailou in Canton, I never took
    offence.

I’ve been a farang in Thailand, I never took offence.

Scot in Hungarian means being a tight bästard.
    I really can't be ar**d to respond to your completely unrelated, incomparable irrelevant sh*te. Just keep being a cantankerous old cock.

Anyway, this isn't in off topic so I apologise for biting at DDs clear attempt (although he will predictabley deny that) to garner a response from people with a sense of decency towards others.

Why is it unrelated?

Words aren't racist.

How the words are used can be racist, but the same words used in a different way can be innocent.

Unless of course you are determined to be offended all the time.

Are you a bloody Dycer?
    That explains a lot.

What vintage of Dycer?

The indian I mentioned has a link with Dyce too.
    Last edited by donsdaft; 08-02-2023 at 08:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DondyDan View Post
    You really think that. You don't think these terms took on negative connotations in the 50s when immigrants were constantly vilified, and verbally and physically abused. And you don't think, to the receiver of such terms, that they associate them with these negative connotations. Are you really that thick.

It's not a simple shortening, it's not like calling someone from Scotland a Scot. It's the way it is, or has been predominantly used. Scot has never been used as a term of insult, stereotype or abuse. Words like "paki" have. Scot is never applied to a whole group of people of similar appearance. Words like "paki" and "chinky" have. Nobody ever looked at a white European, called them a Scot, and when corrected turned round and said "they all look the same anyway". Malkay Mackay (to stick on topic) referred to a South Korean as a "chinky", and he's not the only one to use the term flippantly. It is not only wrong, but is offensive to all nationalities involved.

So wise the f**k up and stop being such a thick pr*ck.
    Get a grip. I am not meaning it to be racist…in my book one person is as good as the next. It is just used for a shortening of a word and absolutely nothing else. People like getting easily offended and that is one of the reasons why the world is in a ridiculous state. I had a good friend in my younger days at school who was a Paki….he never once took any offence whatsoever if he was called that. Just like I have never taken offence at being called a Scot. The term using Chinky should be non offensive also. Some people need to concentrate more on bigger things than a Pakistani person getting called a Paki or a Chinese meal getting called a Chinky.

I wouldn’t want Malky Mackay and it’s nothing to do with the fact he said a racist slur 10 years ago.

It’s more to do with the fact he’s a sh1te manager,would be no better than Goodwin or Glass so what’s the point.

Has Adi Hütter been approached yet by our football monitoring board?

Page 14 of 83 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast