+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 83 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

If he prefers a back four then go for it.

Emma Hayes?

Well, the board have missed out on Sean Dyche, he'd have been a cracking appointment. Best not make the same mistake with Hűtter.

I was speaking to a bloke in the pub last night who was adamant Frank Lampard was considering applying. His reasoning being - he believes he has it in him to manage a top club and, after recent disappointments, he is keen to rebuild his reputation and sees Aberdeen as a good size club where he can make an impact, win a trophy or two and increase his stock down south again.

This came from a pished Irishman, in a pub in a town just outside of Berlin, who has no links to the club and little interest or knowledge of Scottish football - so I believe it is absolute bulls*it. And if there is a grain of truth in it he wouldn't be too far up my list. Or could he be OK at a club of our size with a determination to rebuild his reputation, at a club who are still (despite recent weeks) seen as quite a large club.

F**k knows, I don't have the powers of insight displayed by Red John.

Just thought I would mention it as I recall someone saying "Barry Robson isn't the brightest", and Frank Lampard has an IQ over over 150. So if some form of intelligence is what we are after, then Frank could be our man

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    Well, the board have missed out on Sean Dyche, he'd have been a cracking appointment. Best not make the same mistake with Hűtter.
    Missed out? Hahaha your dumb! There was no chance in hell of getting him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisconti's balls View Post
    Missed out? Hahaha your dumb! There was no chance in hell of getting him.
    Wooooosh

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Wooooosh
    Haha OK yesh

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    Wooooosh
    There's always one...

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trai...iner/statistik

This is a pretty good source of out of work managers...you can sort the list by points per game average and have a look at where they've managed etc. I too would like us to look further a field than the same old faces in Scotland. The crux of it though, is who would actually want to manage in this league and at our club? I would love to see a list of who has actually applied for the job over the last few years. I suspect a lot of those we'd like to have seen in the post wouldn't even consider it.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/trai...iner/statistik

This is a pretty good source of out of work managers...you can sort the list by points per game average and have a look at where they've managed etc. I too would like us to look further a field than the same old faces in Scotland. The crux of it though, is who would actually want to manage in this league and at our club? I would love to see a list of who has actually applied for the job over the last few years. I suspect a lot of those we'd like to have seen in the post wouldn't even consider it.
    I think you’re spot on here, we’d all love to see a young and forward thinking manager come in but the bottom line is we just can’t attract that type of manager.

I think it kind of speaks volumes when you’ve got the likes of Chris Wilder, who I think would be worth a look, saying he won’t be applying but would be interested. The bottom line is we will have to pay top dollar for any manager with a half decent reputation to consider coming up here and put their reputation on the line in a Mickey Mouse league.

Page 7 of 83 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast