+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 83 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

Malky MacKay would be a good choice.

Personally I would go for the Polish lad as opposed to the English one, although both look a good shout.

I wonder what the salary budget is for the new Manager - I’d imagine it will be up to £1 Million pa if DM was supposedly on around three quarters of that!? Plus maybe another third of that for an assistant? I’d consider it for £500,000 pa.

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    I wonder what the salary budget is for the new Manager - I’d imagine it will be up to £1 Million pa if DM was supposedly on around three quarters of that!? Plus maybe another third of that for an assistant? I’d consider it for £500,000 pa.
    Could we seriously consider paying 1 million a year for a manager? That is eyewatering when you think our turnover is around the 12-15 million mark, then add in assistants and coaches, a lot of money with no guarantee of success, even relatively speaking.
    If we paid that it would have to be structured using bonuses dependant on success of the team.
    Just seems a fanciful amount to be paying a manager for a club of our size.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Malky MacKay would be a good choice.

Personally I would go for the Polish lad as opposed to the English one, although both look a good shout.
    I had a dream on Thursday night that MacKay and Hayes were our next management team with Shinnie coaching.
    Worked out well, but I woke up before we played the CL final!

Marsch just got the bullet from Leeds, lets use our American connections and get him in, I think he'd do a cracking job up here.

Media reporting AFC have talked to Chris Wilder, Would imagine he would likely be part of a short list.

Quote Originally Posted by stewarty27 View Post
    Media reporting AFC have talked to Chris Wilder, Would imagine he would likely be part of a short list.
    I think he would be a good appointment but you just never know how these managers are going to adapt up here. Dave Cormack knows he has to get this one right , or more importantly a good bit better than the previous two.

Let’s face it, we have tried the young up and coming manager twice now and it’s been a disaster so maybe DC is prepared to go all out on this one and splash some cash to get a big name in (for Scottish football standards).

Who can he persuade to come and play though?

English third and fourth division players?

Better off with the Pole.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Who can he persuade to come and play though?

English third and fourth division players?

Better off with the Pole.
    I think on both potential appointments it all hinges on just how deep Cormack is prepared to go into his pooches.

Wilder would undoubtedly have contacts at championship level which would be a decent level for up here but would we be prepared to match those wages?

The jam roll likes his cash by all accounts, he left his left job due to his demands not being met after the World Cup.

We've got to live within our means.
    Which probably means neither is on the cards.

I'd rather we went for young and hopeful than experienced and looking for a big pay day.

Page 12 of 83 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast