+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 76 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

I was half expecting Neil Lennon to be added. Fox is worse

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I was half expecting Neil Lennon to be added. Fox is worse
    He is added or going to be added as a coach, something he has a reputation as being decent at.

You should have sent your CV in, you may have beaten him to it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    He is added or going to be added as a coach, something he has a reputation as being decent at.

I will get the 2011 kids to beat a Fox coached Aberdeen

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post

Are we sure he is being signed up to work with the First Team ?

We could concatenate two threads here in the interests of efficiency in these austere times, so I think Kate Forbes is probably worth an interview, with Ash Regan as her assistant who’ll take over the shift should Sunday fixtures mean Forbeso can’t take her usual pew in the dugout.

@AberdeenFC on Twitter

"We can confirm that Barry Robson and his assistant Steve Agnew have agreed to continue in post initially until the end of the current cinch Premiership season."

The word initially standing out there.

They deserve it if they can get us to third, the only way I can see them being in charge next season.

I’m happy enough. Seems like a rare sensible decision from the board

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’m happy enough. Seems like a rare sensible decision from the board
    I concur . ( ooh, did that sound a bit too `unnish ? )

I`m curious who the other two candidates were in the " whittled down , final interview " prawcess ?

Len and some other Gadgie who wanted a wage than our current team ? Cynical ? Me ?

Go for it Barry & Mr Agnew !!! We have nothing to lose but our mediocraty .........

I always used to think that MainStandMoan had a lot of inside info when he used to post on here. This is what he has just posted on The Hat

My understanding............. Chris Wilder was spoken to prior to JG's sacking and his reaction was fairly positive. JG sacked. .......Wilder changed his tune as various English jobs started to become available...........Robson appointed with Agnew with club looking for an appointment within a week or 2................Wilder offered substantially more funds, became interested..........until Watford appeared blowing AFC wages out the water...................Wilder has not ruled anything out in the summer, but in reality is using AFC to negotiate better opportunities closer to home. Playing a blinder.

Club spoke to Rodriguez (not interested)....................moved onto Steve Clarke (not interested and SFA put that to bed).....................moved onto Michael O'Neil (not interested meantime, but may be come summer)

And so, here we are....................

FMB are so out of touch within the game, agents and sub agents having to be used...............then we have the Cormack problem. Despite Alan Burrows coming in (we'll see how things develop over the coming weeks, given his health issues) there is still a real problem with managers not trusting DC and his constant 'involvement'

The statement is hardly indicating a long term solution has been found.........

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post
    I always used to think that MainStandMoan had a lot of inside info when he used to post on here. This is what he has just posted on The Hat

My understanding............. Chris Wilder was spoken to prior to JG's sacking and his reaction was fairly positive. JG sacked. .......Wilder changed his tune as various English jobs started to become available...........Robson appointed with Agnew with club looking for an appointment within a week or 2................Wilder offered substantially more funds, became interested..........until Watford appeared blowing AFC wages out the water...................Wilder has not ruled anything out in the summer, but in reality is using AFC to negotiate better opportunities closer to home. Playing a blinder.

Club spoke to Rodriguez (not interested)....................moved onto Steve Clarke (not interested and SFA put that to bed).....................moved onto Michael O'Neil (not interested meantime, but may be come summer)

And so, here we are....................

FMB are so out of touch within the game, agents and sub agents having to be used...............then we have the Cormack problem. Despite Alan Burrows coming in (we'll see how things develop over the coming weeks, given his health issues) there is still a real problem with managers not trusting DC and his constant 'involvement'

The statement is hardly indicating a long term solution has been found.........
    I'm not overly bothered about the managers that have turned us down and happy Barry is in charge until at least the end of the season.

What should bother us is DC being a control freak. I would doubt Barry would work under that scenario either and we don't want any yes men, as it hasn't worked out well so far.

Page 76 of 83 FirstFirst ... 26667475767778 ... LastLast