+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Thread: Next manager?

Joachim Löw?
    He's good at picking h̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶s̶e̶ a team.

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    Joachim Löw?
    He's good at picking h̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶s̶e̶ a team.
    Well he’ll do ok here then , plenty bogeys to pick here.

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    I think you’re spot on here, we’d all love to see a young and forward thinking manager come in but the bottom line is we just can’t attract that type of manager.

I think it kind of speaks volumes when you’ve got the likes of Chris Wilder, who I think would be worth a look, saying he won’t be applying but would be interested. The bottom line is we will have to pay top dollar for any manager with a half decent reputation to consider coming up here and put their reputation on the line in a Mickey Mouse league.
    It would be great to get someone with a 'proven' record of success, but anyone out there that's highly rated will be waiting for whatever lowly EPL or championship club is on the look out for a new boss. Like it or not, if we want a manager that is truly special, it's going to have to be a gamble. The likes of Kjetil Knutsen and Graham Potter were gambles, no track record to speak of. Maybe Red John is right. Perhaps if we go after someone aggessively like Knutsen, Hűtter or another similar like Peter Bosz who was at Ajax...pay them a fortune...someone like that would come here. They'd have to have a masochistic streak to risk their reputation though and a desire to take up what would be a pretty thankless task for little chance of reward.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbull666 View Post
    It would be great to get someone with a 'proven' record of success, but anyone out there that's highly rated will be waiting for whatever lowly EPL or championship club is on the look out for a new boss. Like it or not, if we want a manager that is truly special, it's going to have to be a gamble. The likes of Kjetil Knutsen and Graham Potter were gambles, no track record to speak of. Maybe Red John is right. Perhaps if we go after someone aggessively like Knutsen, Hűtter or another similar like Peter Bosz who was at Ajax...pay them a fortune...someone like that would come here. They'd have to have a masochistic streak to risk their reputation though and a desire to take up what would be a pretty thankless task for little chance of reward.
    The thing is though, we pay through the nose getting the right manager in no guarantee it will work out.
    I ken, speculate to accumulate and all that, but we haven't got the finances to attract a big name manager, our best hope still in my opinion is the younger manager wanting to make a name, as we did with Glass and Goodwin, but I do think a good existing coaching team, along with an experienced assistant and director of football would be needed for it to work.

No more getting you brother in law in to assist or your pal from Celtic.

The Herald reporting that talks have begun with ex-Poland gaffer Czeslaw Michniewicz...

I heard that Lewandowski has just bought a hoose in Westhills.

I find it shameful that we won’t even try and approach Adi Hütter about becoming our new manager. No one had even heard of him before I named him on a shortlist a while back. Now all we hear is he would be too expensive, won’t come here, won’t do this won’t do that…nonsense, the guy is looking for work and would jump at the chance to come here. If Dave Cormack will pay my expenses i will go and convince him to join us….I am good that way.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    would jump at the chance to come here.

Meanwhile back in the real world......

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    I find it shameful that we won’t even try and approach Adi Hütter about becoming our new manager. No one had even heard of him before I named him on a shortlist a while back. Now all we hear is he would be too expensive, won’t come here, won’t do this won’t do that…nonsense, the guy is looking for work and would jump at the chance to come here. If Dave Cormack will pay my expenses i will go and convince him to join us….I am good that way.
    I think whatever line of work you are in is the wrong one. You clearly have more insight than anyone else on here, or anyone else involved in football, into all the managers in all the world leagues.

You really should set yourself up as a freelance consultant to teams who are in the process of replacing their manager. You could save them a lot of time and money, and earn yourself a fortune, by being able to instantly identify the best manager out there, from all of the world leagues, for any given team.

I really wish I was as familiar with as many out of work managers as you are. It's very admirable kowledge and I can't believe no-one has snapped up your input!

Quote Originally Posted by Red Zone View Post

Meanwhile back in the real world......
    Oh come on. He would surely drop his last wage by around 75% to come to the mighty Aberdeen. Days on the beach with his family, sausage rolls from Greggs, shopping at Union Square. Are the flumes still at the beach? That's a big draw. And after home games he could head to Codona's.

I expect him to be on the first flight into Aberdeen tomorrow.

Page 8 of 83 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast