+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oh boy do we need a forward

Oh boy do we need a forward

Both diaz and Gallagher were pretty dire today.
    Now I am ok with Gallagher as he can be disruptive to defences but diaz has gone right off the boil and just what is the point keeping him,now he has his big move?
    I really hope this undav deal comes off.

Diaz hasd actually been playing very well. His goals will come.
    Dack still knows where the goal is. We just scored 3 goals in 2 pretty tough games in the space of 3 days? Not sure I follow you?

There is no proof anything has been signed, and if we go up Brero will not leave.
    If we stayed down, its likely he will leave. I don't see anyone queuing up to sign him.
    He is playing well for us and putting the effort in, absolutely no complaints on that score.
    Once he gets a goal, more will follow. It is not through want of trying or effort he has hit a barren run.
    But in no way is he irreplaceable. We went through all of this after Armstrong left. One player leaves, another one steps up.
    Before last season every fan said Brereton was crap, and called Mowbray and Waggott every name under the sun for spending £7.5m on the lad. I was told by most Rovers fans he was not a footballer. Further proof we can never ever win in our own fans eyes. Slated for spending money on him. Then slated because he may want to leave.

Playing well??
    He has been missing fairly straight forward chances and spending time on the floor rather than doing what he has been doing very well.
    Hey he isn't the greatest footballer but he has weighed in with goals and that's what wins you the games.
    Get what you are saying with dack but he needs support as he can't keep doing it on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Playing well??
    He has been missing fairly straight forward chances and spending time on the floor rather than doing what he has been doing very well.
    Hey he isn't the greatest footballer but he has weighed in with goals and that's what wins you the games.
    Get what you are saying with dack but he needs support as he can't keep doing it on his own.
    Don't forget who has single handily been scoring goals all the time after Armstrong had left, and Dack was out. Yep, the same guy every single fan wrote off and said was crap. And slated Mowbray and Waggot for signing.
    I disagree, anyone can miss a few chances. Rashford didn't go from a great striker to the worst player in history and then back to one of the best strikers in the country (& world). He was always decent, he just hit a bad spell, which every single striker goes through. But most people wrote him off last season when he struggled. Where are all those people now? Probably calling him world class again, that's where.
    He has not been the reason why we have faultered, and his bad spell is not through the want of trying or effort, or lack of talent. He is a footballer, and they all have good and bad spells. He will get a goal soon, then will go on and get more. Every footballer I have ever seen has missed chances. Far better ones than Ben Brereton Diaz.

And I hope you are right.
    We need to start hitting some consistency soon otherwise mid table awaits.
    Which by the way,I predicted before a ball was kicked.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    And I hope you are right.
    We need to start hitting some consistency soon otherwise mid table awaits.
    Which by the way,I predicted before a ball was kicked.
    didn't we fall away every season under Mowbray around this time? Didnt we always finish around mid-table?
    Why would this season have n=been any different?
    Obviously, the fact we are much higher than that is being overlooked rather conveniently.

Are we higher though?
    Last seasons slide started in February and nothing is suggesting it won't happen again.
    By the way I wasn't a mowbray fan in the end as we stagnated and at the same time I am willing to give JDT a chance.
    Asking for his head after 6 months is crazy talk.

yep, much higher. 9 points better off at present.
    But that does not fit the narrative.

Mowbray is doing a very good job at Sunderland.
    The moaners decided he was pathetic, and was a complete failure.
    He is doing a good job all the same, so they ALL got that one wrong.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)