+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Celtic at Home

In the Shed, there is a gangway that ensures safe exit.
    Centre of the Shed to the back of the Shed.
    This making that area of the stadium unsafe.
    It comes down to the fact that Celtic and Rangers can do whatever they like, and absolutely nothing happens.
    If we were to stand in an exit and refuse to leave we get ejected or arrested.

I guess there's two options in that kind of situation. Going in heavy handed, with potential to cause a safety risk ourselves or monitoring the situation to make sure it doesn't get out of control. I'd assume we do the latter when they are in town. Some fans might not like it, but these games pass by with very little incident the way they have been handled so far. Sending in police and stewards to that lot when they are drunk & disorderly would probably bring more trouble on us than monitoring the situation and letting it pass.

Don't think it's much to do with us, almost certainly a policing issue I'd have thought?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Don't think it's much to do with us, almost certainly a policing issue I'd have thought?
    Well yeah, police/us. You know what I mean, pedant. 😜😂

What I'm saying is I'm not sure the police would allow us to do anything about it.

What I'm saying is I'm not sure the police would allow us to do anything about it.
    No, ultimately it would be a police decison to go in, if they were alerted to any such incident.

What I don't get it is why they can't take the drum off them even in the fair play lower right at the front like the recent Sevco game, why is the drum ban rule being ignored, any other guidelines that a home fan broke would be enforced

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    No, ultimately it would be a police decison to go in, if they were alerted to any such incident.
    I think what you are saying is you agree that it's not the clubs decision but the police? Which is basically what I was meaning. 🙂

I think what you are saying is you agree that it's not the clubs decision but the police? Which is basically what I was meaning. 🙂
    That is indeed what I'm saying. 😂

Point remains, without the use of 'us'. It was a poorly worded post.

Is a simple process to stop it. The senior match security officer representing the responsible team (United if at home) advises by radio to the ref to halt the game. If halted for more than 5 minutes it is abandoned and the responsibiltiy thrown back to The offenders to be dealt with by the SFAPLAFPLAFSAL or whoever they are called. If nothing done passed up to EUFA.

Nobody has to be heavy handed, the poor old Glasgow police can have a nice day out with their pals and pick up the easy overtime.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)