+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Match ratings and reflections V Halifax

Quote Originally Posted by TSANHO View Post
    I don't agree with that. Halifax, amongst others, barely get a kick against us - never mind playing tippy tap football - yet still easily out sing 2-3k in the kop.
    As a fan base I don’t think we’re inherently noisy but I think the repetitive nature of our home games this season does anything to get the atmosphere going. Basically us trying to get past multiple lines of defence with little or no attacking intent from the opposition. That’s non league for you.

The whole match day experience is a bit lacking as well tbh, I can’t hear anything over the tannoy in the Kop and haven’t for years. Even massive huge clubs like Forest playing against Man U use music and the pa to get people up before a game. Apparently there was something in the DP yesterday but I was boggered if I heard it. Sort it out Notts….

I can't really agree about Austin who I thought was justifiably man of the match and adds to Chicksen's game, giving us more of a threat down both wings. We created more than enough chances with yesterdays formation to have won by five or more. Also I thought the intensity was back to earlier levels, as LW alluded to in his post match presser.

Quote Originally Posted by laddo View Post
    Anyone else have to look up the word "libero"?? I had absolutely no idea and my guess was way off.

Any explanation for the lost stream AC? And which 10 mins?
    First 10 of 2nd half & dunno, but don't want it to happen again.

Thought that was the best way to describe AB. Stylistically, he's the non-league Kaiser!

https://www.foottheball.com/explaine...ion-explained/

It is indeed.

I've read and heard about AB putting in a couple of iffy perfomances (stinkers) but bar that he's been a revelation at the back.

The limited times I've seen him he's been very impressive, cultured, controlled, stylish. A better version of Alex Lacey. He's certainly very comfortable in possession.

About the lack of noise at ML, I think it's probably explained by demographics. It might be a running joke among opposition supporters, but it's true - we have fewer young fans than most clubs. The vast majority of noise at football matches is made by young lads. Forest naturally hoover up most of that demographic, leaving Notts with a slightly skewed fan base of older folk and the kind who generally don't care about creating a rowdy atmosphere.

Clubs like Halifax, while having fewer fans overall, aren't competing with anyone to attract the noisy demographic from their town.

I think that is a good point, slack, about Halifax fans, and one team towns or cities. I would love to live in one of the afore mentioned places to feel the buzz throughout the town or city when the local heroes go on a cup run or sit on top of their league. Florest are certainly going to hoover up the younger fans, although one way of gaining some younger, or support in general, is that it is very difficult now to get match tickets for that lot over the river, and we may be able to attract some fans who come to ML for their footie fix. It can happen as I was chatting to a chap on Saturday who moved to Loughborough from Newcastle, and so had a choice of Florest, Leicester or Derby, but after seeing Notts once, he was hooked.

It depends on where you sit. I sit high up in the Kop and thought we were a lot noisier than in recent matches. I think if the wind is blowing the wrong way you may not be able to hear it in the Pavis stand.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    It depends on where you sit. I sit high up in the Kop and thought we were a lot noisier than in recent matches. I think if the wind is blowing the wrong way you may not be able to hear it in the Pavis stand.
    I sit in the center of the kop and apart from after we scored, thought it was vocally dire on Saturday
    There are enough fans in the kop to generate a good noise but sadly most people don't want to get involved

Hopefully the reported new PA system will help generate a bit more atmosphere, because at times it is like a library in there. Of course, it doesn’t help that we only have one song, plus a few chants. Maybe we could do with a “Blue Moon” or “Sweet Caroline” to create some noise - until this season I would have suggested “Heaven Knows I’m Miserable Now”.

The simple truth is that I’ve never been to a great game that didn’t have a great atmosphere. That’s part of the package that gets neutrals coming back for more, and that’s something we’re currently unable to offer.

I would take our style of play and league position, (albeit with a poor atmosphere), over end to end football without the points and league position. I also think you will find a winning team keeps the crowd coming back for more.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-01-2023 at 08:15 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast