+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Match ratings and reflections V Halifax

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    It depends on where you sit. I sit high up in the Kop and thought we were a lot noisier than in recent matches. I think if the wind is blowing the wrong way you may not be able to hear it in the Pavis stand.
    Me too. I was halfway up the kop & there was a decent racket.

I think the officials contributed quite a bit to that though with a few interesting decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowpie View Post
    I sit in the center of the kop and apart from after we scored, thought it was vocally dire on Saturday
    There are enough fans in the kop to generate a good noise but sadly most people don't want to get involved
    Maybe the wind was playing tricks with my hearing though!

I think the tannoy exacerbates the problem actually. The atmosphere and anticipation is built before the game and when the players run out. For a while now loud music is played whilst the players enter the pitch and any noise the fans do make is drowned out.

In the Munto year, and even others, the Kop has been a lot more vocal than it has been this season. I can’t speak for others but that Grimsby playoff game really knocked the stuffing out of me, I know it shouldn’t but it just did. I wonder if there is a subconscious feeling amongst the fan base that we’re just waiting to fail, expecting to fail, and getting our hopes up is something we just can’t face again!
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-01-2023 at 08:16 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123