+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Barlaser Leaves official

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    18 months left on Rathbone - others being negotiated with as well.
    Doesn't mean they can't leave if a reasonable offer comes in for them.
    As Dan Barlaser came into his last 6 months and the January window moving on the club may have been slightly backed into a corner and ultimately it's the chairman's decision.
    In an ideal world we would be bringing youngster's through and selling on at profit.
    We don't live in an ideal world.
    Barlaser deal may have been the best that could be negotiated plus you have to consider the welfare of the player if we had kept him and prevented him from going to a club that has a chance of being in the Premier next season.
    The guy who came here to develop our youngsters, Mark Burton from Barnsley, who developed John Stones, was never mentioned again, I think he left but that wasn't mentioned either, very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Cebuman View Post
    Ok in reply virtually every other club in the Championship is more likely to become established in the Championship than we are and some in the leagues below at present as well, There are too many clubs to mention each one by name, And we certainly will never ever be a Brentford or a Bournemouth or anything even close to that ..do I really need to go further ?

So you tell me Millerstale am I really so far out with my statement ,please tell me how you see it being different in 1 or 5 or 20 years time !

I have followed our club for 50 yrs and in my experience...the only thing that's changed is that we were once capable of being an established club at this level but just don't see anything to suggest we will ever be again, do you really in all honesty....Head before heart answer please !!

I say good luck to Dan it was only a matter of time before he went ,the only downside is it was probably for a lot lot less than most other clubs at our level and some below would have got for him....

Yes indeed, a town with a population of about 260k and a core support of about 8k.

A town with two much bigger teams on their doorstep and in recent times a town with a very poor social reputation.

We’re lucky to still be in with a shout of staying in the championship

Ok in reply virtually every other club in the Championship is more likely to become established in the Championship than we are and some in the leagues below at present as well, There are too many clubs to mention each one by name, And we certainly will never ever be a Brentford or a Bournemouth or anything even close to that ..do I really need to go further ?

So you tell me Millerstale am I really so far out with my statement ,please tell me how you see it being different in 1 or 5 or 20 years time !

I have followed our club for 50 yrs and in my experience...the only thing that's changed is that we were once capable of being an established club at this level but just don't see anything to suggest we will ever be again, do you really in all honesty....Head before heart answer please !!

I say good luck to Dan it was only a matter of time before he went ,the only downside is it was probably for a lot lot less than most other clubs at our level and some below would have got for him....
    I just want you to name one club but you won’t because you know you can’t find one that I can’t shoot down !
    Name me one club that’s punching above their weight ?
    Name me one club with a fan base of 8,000 that’s performing better than us ?
    Name me several massive clubs that are well below us, I’ll answer that Derby, Sheff Wednesday,Portsmouth, Charlton do I need to go on ?
    Name me clubs in the Championship that are not desperately skint ? Once again I’ll give you names Blackburn, West Brom, Cardiff , Bristol City, Reading, Swansea, Birmingham and a few more !
    You need to appreciate where we are and what we’ve got, we are not Man U, we are Rotherham and doing mighty fine !

Good luck Dan,you will be missed,and almost impossible to replace with the money we have.
    It`s been a pleasure watching him play,I would say the best midfielder in the Championship,and he was ours.......for a while at least.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Facebook crash?

Got to agree Towner. He is the best midfielder in this league. We can't afford to replace him so all we can do is improve other positions to compensate. Think MT realises this and is working accordingly.Hoping to see a centre back (forced on us),another midfielder and a quick striker coming in as it sounds like Ogbene will be gone by Tuesday evening. That will be another huge loss.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    I just want you to name one club but you won’t because you know you can’t find one that I can’t shoot down !
    Name me one club that’s punching above their weight ?
    Name me one club with a fan base of 8,000 that’s performing better than us ?
    Name me several massive clubs that are well below us, I’ll answer that Derby, Sheff Wednesday,Portsmouth, Charlton do I need to go on ?
    Name me clubs in the Championship that are not desperately skint ? Once again I’ll give you names Blackburn, West Brom, Cardiff , Bristol City, Reading, Swansea, Birmingham and a few more !
    You need to appreciate where we are and what we’ve got, we are not Man U, we are Rotherham and doing mighty fine !
    Bournemouth for one or did you forget them ,they are doing better than us I seem to remember ,With no bigger support than us either....Here come the excuses....

Anyway enjoy watching the Millers Millerstale ,but just get used to us being what we always have been ,that is my final word on the subject....it's much better that the blind continue to lead the blind , I've come to the conclusion you either agree with everything the club do or you must make no comments on this forum !!

I didn't say at any point we shouldn't have sold Dan either but I just doubt we will have got anywhere near what he was worth like always !!

Bournemouth for one or did you forget them ,they are doing better than us I seem to remember ,With no bigger support than us either....Here come the excuses....

Anyway enjoy watching the Millers Millerstale ,but just get used to us being what we always have been ,that is my final word on the subject....it's much better that the blind continue to lead the blind , I've come to the conclusion you either agree with everything the club do or you must make no comments on this forum !!

I didn't say at any point we shouldn't have sold Dan either but I just doubt we will have got anywhere near what he was worth like always !!
    Bournemouth’s owner is an American banker worth 1.2billion.

Stamping your feet, metaphorically, on this forum achieves what, exactly? If you want to make changes crack open your piggybank and buy Uncle Tony out.

Barlaser to me was ok but lost ball giving opposition a clear run at our defence on a few occasions. Glad he didn't go for nothing. Need him replacing same if Chieo goes with players good enough for this level.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast