+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Barlaser Leaves official

Barlaser Leaves official

He was here for 3.5 years, first part was a loan. So did we only offer a 3 year deal, with no option to extend, to a young player with potential we knew about from his loan period?

We have been giving out 3 year deals to 30+ year olds with little prospect of developing them to sell on.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    He was here for 3.5 years, first part was a loan. So did we only offer a 3 year deal, with no option to extend, to a young player with potential we knew about from his loan period?

We have been giving out 3 year deals to 30+ year olds with little prospect of developing them to sell on.
    Some players are advised by their agents not to accept options clauses some accept them some don't.
    No idea if the club tried to put a option on his contract or not

Good luck Dan - Alison & family.
    Thanks for the efforts and memories.

We can offer the option but they can say no. I assume we signed him on the only terms he was willing to accept.

Class players don't stay playing for RUFC for long. It was inevitable he was going to leave sometime.
    All the best to the lad & you never know with the improvement in Boro under Carrick Dan could find himself in the Premier league next season.
    No one would begrudge him that chance

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    We can offer the option but they can say no. I assume we signed him on the only terms he was willing to accept.
    Wonder if/when we tried to offer a new contract. I imagine we leave it as long as possible so dont have to pay improved wages for final part of contract.

With Coventry, I see him more like a Frecks type CM than Dan, so maybe we need someone to cover DCM role.

Wonder if/when we tried to offer a new contract. I imagine we leave it as long as possible so dont have to pay improved wages for final part of contract.

With Coventry, I see him more like a Frecks type CM than Dan, so maybe we need someone to cover DCM role.
    No it’s says he is a very similar player to Dan, not at all like Frecks !

Don't players new contracts start when their old one's run out ?
    Genuine question - I've no idea about players contracts

I'm expecting another midfielder in before Tuesday night. All depends whether he wants another CB.
    Wouldn't be surprised if it's both - depending on any more outgoings.

Quote Originally Posted by MILLERSTALE View Post
    No it’s says he is a very similar player to Dan, not at all like Frecks !
    He said he is not at all like Frecks? Bit weird thing to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Godsend.F.C. View Post
    Don't players new contracts start when their old one's run out ?
    Genuine question - I've no idea about players contracts

I'm expecting another midfielder in before Tuesday night. All depends whether he wants another CB.
    Wouldn't be surprised if it's both - depending on any more outgoings.
    Depends entirely how contracts are negotiated.
    It could be that the new one starts before the old one ends particularly if the club is determined to try and keep a particular player.
    It's certainly not uncommon for that to happen in the Premier League for example.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Depends entirely how contracts are negotiated.
    It could be that the new one starts before the old one ends particularly if the club is determined to try and keep a particular player.
    It's certainly not uncommon for that to happen in the Premier League for example.
    👍
    Extra incentive to sign.
    Just thought as one contract finished the other one started.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast