+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should we not cheat the system like Chelsea?

Should we not cheat the system like Chelsea?

Signing big name players on riddiculous wages and huge transfer fees but spreading the cost over the players contract, their latest recruit has a 7 year deal which makes paying back easier over the term but comes with a massive risk, I think this is 10 players Chelsea have bought up now, what if and hopefully they flop, they can all sit in the reserves on massive wages. I thought this is what FFP was trying to stop. Obviously a loop hole buy should we not dip in with one huge signing over an 7 / 8 year contract? Get Grealish back I hear you say Bongo but im looking for someone bigger....

Nah. I’m more interested in getting a squad of good players playing and coached to the absolute best of their abilities for the benefit of the team as a whole. Newcastle and Brighton are currently showing that model off rather well.

I seriously doubt the Chelsea model is sustainable. Given their spending, their results are not backing up their outgoings. If they change managers again, as they are prone to doing, will all of these expensive players become white elephants?

It'll take some time to build a team that's capable of challenging for europe and domestic silverware, which means many more games a season etc. I'd rather we scour the world for the right players than panic buy, we have a top class manager now Villa - don't fk this up!

There is not one aspect of Chelsea Football Club, that I am envious of or would want The Villa to follow. Not one of their achievements, or signings, has resulted through sporting integrity. All are ill-gotten gains.

The same can be said of Citeh and Sandcastle, should they manage to broker a deal for Champions League glory too.

No, we’ll plough our own field, ta.

I would love Grealish to return

Im guessing City are paying with instalments for Grealish. My guess is over 4 years so by the end of the season it would be 50m paid. Technically we could just take him back with the 50m owed to us. He said he wants to return at some point but with the poor form of Foden i doubt they would sell him at the moment.

Regarding Chelsea there transefers have been horrible

Well I think we should have done more in this window as any injuries to Watkins or Bailey n we don’t have any replacements? But of a joke if you ask this window

my surprise is that cash hasn't gone, kaine kesler is not back out on loan. My feeling is that KK is staying here so UE can have a look at him. Really pleased we got 7 off the books, as how many times have we had players hanging on in just collecting wages. This is a process not a revolution. We have some really great youth talent... we have spent a lot of money on bringing them in, we must have space in the squad to feed them in. Trust the process. Im sure the football directors or transfer team will be changed by the summer.
    Last edited by mondaze; 01-02-2023 at 06:16 AM. Reason: spelling

With Archer gone on loan and, by Emery’s own admission, Duran is not Premiership ready, it seems a bit odd to have sold Ings with no replacement lined up. If Watkins gets injured I guess we’ll be playing without a natural striker.

Perhaps Archer can be recalled if necessary although even he’s hardly proven.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)