+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Harrison Ashby

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Hard to not think Gordon is a sh!te signing by that logic though 😉
    Good point.

This is where trust in the managements judgement comes into play.

I think the lad will be a success. But I see him as a squad player for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    Good point.

This is where trust in the managements judgement comes into play.

I think the lad will be a success. But I see him as a squad player for now.
    Just playing Devils Advocate 😉

I think both players could well be victims of being in underperforming teams.

Gordon probably has had a worse situation, as Everton have been utter sh!te for a while now… and been through a manager a year every year of his time in the first team… hardly the environment for a young player to develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Sclox View Post
    ....speaking of West Ham. Paqueta so far has played 18 with 1 goal and 2 assists. Hard to compare apples with pears, he may have blossomed with us, but the club look to have been right with the decision not to sign him.
    I guess if he had of signed for us he would have settled faster and been happier with Bruno in the same team.

Such is life!

I'm just laughing at Chelsea and Spuds.

Malo Gusto - looks sick but £30m
    Pedro Porro - never heard of him £30

NUFC sign a future England RB for £3-4million.

Yeah it's all about the money, we're just buying success and over paying to bully the fraud 6 and hijack the top 4 obscenely perverting the transfer market with scandalously over priced bids for players... OH WAIT NO THAT'S THE USUAL FRAUDULENT 6.

Liverpool and horse teeth are humped. Gakpo was their entire budget haha ouch.
    Chelsea spending like sailors on shore leave. Only saving grace they have quality to sell which will balance their books.
    Newton Heath (Manchester is NOT united) FC - have perverted the transfer market to bully their way to titles since the start of the Prem.
    Arsenal have finally start to spend to keep up with the con jobs down the road.
    Spurs - Who ever included them as a 'Big club'. Also rans for most of their history. Complete job of a club. Gonna be sweet to finish above them consistently once again like the good old days.
    Man City - no issue with them what so ever. They benefitted from no FFP back in the day, built their club, brand & squad from top to bottom nowadays it's one in one out with the quality players.

We'll be there soon enough and there is nothing those jokers can do except b!tch, moan and complain.

We're on our way!

All good. I think Ashby’s Scottish, though??

Quote Originally Posted by Nufcian View Post
    Just playing Devils Advocate 😉

I think both players could well be victims of being in underperforming teams.

Gordon probably has had a worse situation, as Everton have been utter sh!te for a while now… and been through a manager a year every year of his time in the first team… hardly the environment for a young player to develop.

I see Gordon's role in that Everton team much akin to Maxi's during the rein of smashed Cabbage heed!

The lad was the only creative spark they had so the entirety of their success was based on him doing something magic.

Only difference was that Maxi is a couple of year and a little more experienced, few more tricks and flicks but ultimately the same scenario just a different dross relegation fodder team.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Ashby qualifies for Scotland due to Scottish grandparents on his mother's side,[6] and has represented Scotland at under-17 and under-19 levels.[10] On 23 September 2020, Ashby received his first Scotland U21 call-up.[11] He scored his first goal for the U21s on 13 October 2020, rounding off the scoring in a 7–0 win away to San Marino in a Euro U21 qualifier.[12]

He's played for all the youth teams but not got a full cap for Scotland so potentially could be poached by England... There is still time haha!

Not a done deal yet according to Howe:

Name:  ashby.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  55.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I think he must be dual nationality TopToon. He was born in Milton Keynes so probably his parents are Scottish.

Yes - he’s a Scotland U21 international.

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Good move for a young lad like Ashby. Closer to home for him which will settle him better

Having discovered he was born in Milton Keynes it rather blunts my post above that coming here was closer to home.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)