+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ot is cemap qualification

Ot is cemap qualification

Worthwhile nowadays?

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Worthwhile nowadays?
    This lot reckon so

https://www.premierjobsuk.com/blog/f...map-questions/

Just my young ones fishing for a new job.

Are you asking for yourself or someone else?

I've got CeMAP and literally just left a job as a mortgage advisor in an estate agency. Horrible job, worst position I ever had. Big pressure.

But...depends what your plan is. You can earn very good money but to earn 50k + you'll be jumping through hoops backwards and working extremely long hours, employed. Self employed different matter but different challenges. Either way it's hard.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Just my young ones fishing for a new job.
    I'd say go for it, the rewards are there as long as they want to work hard. It's sales though. You earn your money through insurance sales not mortgages.

For someone young interested in this area, I'd say get a simple job in a bank or sales negotiator at an estate agency and do CeMap on the side. It'll open up options for good money. If it doesn't estate agency can pay very well as can banking once you progress

Sales….. get plenty of antacids ready to cope with the stress. You’ve got to have a c.ocky, brash, screw everyone else attitude if you want fast bucks and expect to not care a s.hit for anyone if you want to sell and earn the commission.

I saw this first hand managing staff shoving extended agreements on to customers as targets had to be met.