+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Nathan Jones vows to go toe-to-toe with Newcastle

Nathan Jones vows to go toe-to-toe with Newcastle

'underdogs' Southampton look to overturn a 1-0 first leg deficit and book their place in the Carabao Cup Final

Check the link, the Daily Racist (Mail) is reporting Southampton manager is planning on going 'Toe-to-toe' with us at SJP.

I really hope so, we'll tear them apart if they come and try and play against us. They parked the bus at St Mary's, we looked like the home team FFS if they come at us tomorrow it'll be a cricket score!

Bring it on Saints, we've already booked our hotels in London for the final.

Looking forward to beating Newton Heath (Manchester is Not United) F.C.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...nal-place.html

"We're not going there three down, it's a real mountain to climb. What we've got to make sure is we start well, be positive and try to get the first goal. If we do that then it's game on." - Jones.

The first goal????

Does he mean the first goal we're conceded at home this season

I'm sure Eddie won't let the boys go out with any complacency or like us fans already thinking we're in the final already haha.

They will be well drilled and focused on finishing the job. Good job none of us are manager. hahah

Mind you anyone of us could have done a better job than Cabbage, in fact not having a manager is better than paying that clown to relegate ya club.

if Southampton plan to go toe to toe with us and attack us, they will get ripped apart!

Since the world cup, teams have made it difficult for us to break them down, sitting back and leaving no space in behind for us to exploit.

(Arsenal being the exception)

it would be suicide for Southampton to come to St James and have a go, we are dangerous on the attack, Miggy, Isaak, Willock, ASM have pace to burn in behind them and new signing Gordon is faster than all of them

Quote Originally Posted by TANYA_ View Post
    if Southampton plan to go toe to toe with us and attack us, they will get ripped apart!

Since the world cup, teams have made it difficult for us to break them down, sitting back and leaving no space in behind for us to exploit.

(Arsenal being the exception)

it would be suicide for Southampton to come to St James and have a go, we are dangerous on the attack, Miggy, Isaak, Willock, ASM have pace to burn in behind them and new signing Gordon is faster than all of them
    Gordon ineligible. I’m nervous about this game,so much at stake and Southampton have nothing to lose, we WILL concede a goal at home at some time, just hope it’s not Tuesday. Will be listening from Morocco,fingers and toes all crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by tinostongue View Post
    Gordon ineligible. I’m nervous about this game,so much at stake and Southampton have nothing to lose, we WILL concede a goal at home at some time, just hope it’s not Tuesday. Will be listening from Morocco,fingers and toes all crossed.
    I'm 100% confident.

After watching all of Eddie Howe's conferences and interviews there was one which as stuck with me. He discusses his career as a player. It was quite humorous about it. Commenting that none of the Journos knew his record, like he was so terrible.

However he spoke about how during his playing career that the teams he was in blew promotion several times at the last minute & also knocked out of cups at critical moments.

That failure as a player is partly what fuels his crazy relentless work ethic as a manager and he won't allow his teams to underachieve as a players or men as the teams he was part of did.

Couple that with the fact we literally don't concede goals. We will win this match and proceed to the final.

My biggest decision is whether I fly in to London for the final or not. Not if we will win or not

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)