+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Llorente to Roma?

Llorente to Roma?

If true, at £18M, I think this would be a good outcome for us. Even better if we can throw in Firpo for free.

Agreed - Firpo wants to go back to Spain and the club he started at allegedly want him back as they sold their first choice left back.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Agreed - Firpo wants to go back to Spain and the club he started at allegedly want him back as they sold their first choice left back.
    I believe that Roma play in the Stadio Olimpico, shared with Lazio, some distance from Spain??

On the question of Firpo, I've seen some really good play from him (not as LB I'll grant) and wonder if a CM-type position wouldn't suit him better (at least in the PL/LUFC scheme of things)?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    I believe that Roma play in the Stadio Olimpico, shared with Lazio, some distance from Spain??

On the question of Firpo, I've seen some really good play from him (not as LB I'll grant) and wonder if a CM-type position wouldn't suit him better (at least in the PL/LUFC scheme of things)?
    Going forward or played in a more attacking role I agree he can look good - we are blessed with options there though.

The goal and the crowd singing his name seemed to boost his confidence at the weekend too.

He apparently had a hard time at Barca which probably knocked his confidence. his start with us and the ever changing back 4 and injuries last season probably didn’t help either.

Defensively he often looks frozen and for someone so big looks weak challenging for the ball.

I fear it may be a case of this wasn’t the right move for him and he might flourish somewhere else. That said having Wober inside him who looks good and constantly talks might help him.

18 million????

What time will I pick him up for the airport?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    What time will I pick him up for the airport?
    Llorente is going to Roma unless something changes quickly. No idea of the price. Weston McKinney coming from Juventus. My American inside sources tell me he really badly wants to get out of Juventus. Leeds were not willing to pay price for sale so loan only. After Juventus got docked 15 points, most players want to leave and when McKinney heard that he could team up with his mates Adams and Aaronson, he jumped at it really quickly. Apparently he was playing pretty well at Juventus too. Regular in the starting lineup for Juventus, so not bad I imagine. Serie A has a reasonable standard.

Rumour is the 18m we paid for him and the contract extension was apparently to increase his value which if true was a smart piece of business.

Can't say im sorry to see llorente go, he was woeful, couldn't pass or kick a ball straight, only to the opposition. Just a recognised left back needed, unbelievable as a Premier club we have no left back.

Can’t understand why he was being picked for the team, if now suddenly he’s surplus to requirements.
    Jessy will probably still put his name on the next teamsheet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)