+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T The Guardian newspaper

O/T The Guardian newspaper

The last bastien of the left wing disciples.
    This had me pissing myself this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGnZDmLgvf0

Oh for the those far away beaches, away from this stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    The last bastien of the left wing disciples.
    This had me pissing myself this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGnZDmLgvf0

Oh for the those far away beaches, away from this stupidity
    Last bastion of left wing disciples?

The video bangs on about the the founder of the Guardian having been involved in the slave trade. He founded the Guardian in 1821.

I would contend that a slave trader 201 years ago would have been anything but left wing. Both you and the ultra right wing "presenter" on an ultra right wing platform seem to think the founder's political leanings are relevant today. They're not.

The attack happened LAST YEAR. This video dates from January 25th 2023. The Guardian is hammered for not having coverage of a very old event. Did any other "newspapers" cover the attack last week? Poor journalism IMO.

On a vaguely related note

Tyre Nichols - black man beaten to death by 5 police officers attempting to restrain him. I watched some of the video and was appalled by the behaviour. I could not understand why there has been no black lives matter outrage (indeed there should be). Equally surprised that there were no days of rioting and looting in Memphis in protest, such as seen in Minneapolis post George Floyd. So I resolved to investigate further. Seems the cops have all been sacked and are in the process of being charged with second degree murder. Yet still no BLM protest nor rioting.

Then I spotted the key to it. The 5 police officers charged were all black. So that's OK then....The hypocrisy sucks. To kill anyone under such circumstances is disgusting, but if its a white cop doing the killing its jumped on as racism. Weird place, the States

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

Tyre Nichols - black man beaten to death by 5 police officers attempting to restrain him. I watched some of the video and was appalled by the behaviour. I could not understand why there has been no black lives matter outrage (indeed there should be). Equally surprised that there were no days of rioting and looting in Memphis in protest, such as seen in Minneapolis post George Floyd. So I resolved to investigate further. Seems the cops have all been sacked and are in the process of being charged with second degree murder. Yet still no BLM protest nor rioting.

Then I spotted the key to it. The 5 police officers charged were all black. So that's OK then....The hypocrisy sucks. To kill anyone under such circumstances is disgusting, but if its a white cop doing the killing its jumped on as racism. Weird place, the States
    Hang on, your not making sense! How could BLM be jumping up and down about racism if the perpetrators were the same race/ colour?

Its pure police brutality and lack of control and actually there were protests and Biden made a call for calm.

This report - Before the announcement of the Scorpions disbandment, demonstrators had marched past a fire station and Memphis police headquarters and chanted “Justice for Tyre”. The protest had come just a day after the city released video footage of the brutal mass beating that had led to Nichols’s death. At one point, protesters surrounded police vehicles that had blocked off the streets.

In fact it would have been hypocrisy if BLM had been heavily involved, plus as you have pointed out, the Police Chief took decisive action - sacked the officers, and disbanded the Scorpion Unit of which they were members. They have also been charged and the City's mayor has met with protesters and the family to discuss further action to avoid this.

The difference in Minneapolis, is that to start with the officer was protected, was not even suspended and only after days of pressure was action taken, far from being weird, it seems to me that city officials and heads of police may have realised that swift action was necessary to avoid riots and further protests.

ironically I saw a report from one of the right wing media whereby a black person was trying to claim this was a racist incident and was getting ridiculed for it. Which again is why it was not appropriate for a BLM to make this claim. In fact if they had I'd be fairly sure you'd be criticising them for doing that.

Its obviously the case that black people can act in just as nasty and vicious manner as white people, they are all humans and it is true that black and ethnic minorities are disproportionately targeted by police, especially in the US.

Weird people some old white folks.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Last bastion of left wing disciples?

The video bangs on about the the founder of the Guardian having been involved in the slave trade. He founded the Guardian in 1821.

I would contend that a slave trader 201 years ago would have been anything but left wing. Both you and the ultra right wing "presenter" on an ultra right wing platform seem to think the founder's political leanings are relevant today. They're not.

The attack happened LAST YEAR. This video dates from January 25th 2023. The Guardian is hammered for not having coverage of a very old event. Did any other "newspapers" cover the attack last week? Poor journalism IMO.
    OH MA, did you have to quote the ****? If I involuntary read any more of Thickys pearls of wisdom, i think I might piss myself laughing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post

BLM twisted the George Floyd killing as racism.
    The problem was always within police attitudes/training/ raw arrogance.
    The black officers confirmed this.
    You are right, BLM would be going berserk had they been white officers.
    But the real problem, doesn't make BLM organisers rich, with good salaries and massive houses.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    OH MA, did you have to quote the ****? If I involuntary read any more of Thickys pearls of wisdom, i think I might piss myself laughing!!
    but read them you do. You really are a weird one fail.
    If you dislike me so much, ignore/never reply/ never interact.
    You won't of course, because you're a narcisstic bell end. Apologies RA, I shouldn't insult the pilot like that.

BLM twisted the George Floyd killing as racism.
    The problem was always within police attitudes/training/ raw arrogance.
    ... which are racist, IMO. I am unaware of another word to describe anti "person of colour" attitudes.

but read them you do. You really are a weird one fail.
    If you dislike me so much, ignore/never reply/ never interact.
    You won't of course, because you're a narcisstic bell end. Apologies RA, I shouldn't insult the pilot like that.
    Lol...you see that’s the difference...despite the fact that we disagree about virtually everything I try to remain polite. You, on the other hand just can’t resist trying - and failing - to sh1t stir.
    Honestly it’s not about like and ‘dislike’ as you put it...it’s about your incessant bollux and tbh while you were away things were a great deal less acrimonious.
    I agree with Swale about most political issues...we are cut from very similar political ‘cloth’...so what? Why does it bother you and our moderator so much? I haven’t a clue...but it obviously does...to the point of obsession.
    Last edited by ramAnag; 30-01-2023 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    while you were away things were a great deal less acrimonious.
    Lol

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)