+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Schooldays

Schooldays

Did you enjoy them or couldn't wait to leave?
    I thoroughly enjoyed mine, especially at senior school, lot's of fun, but I know people who hated them.

I didn’t enjoy infant and junior school but wouldn’t change my senior school days for anything.

University of life our school was but after 5 years I was done with education and just wanted to earn.

If I could go back in time I wouldn’t change anything I’ve done apart from maybe being more adventurous in my travelling as a young bloke.

The rest has served me well and I’ve done the best I could with the hand I was dealt

Left at ten plus five years of age and could not wait... Never enjoyed it.
    Horrible system with some truly horrible individuals who thought. Had one teacher who I am sure got some perverse glorious satisfaction from hitting children but guess that was the time we grew up in.

Hated it. I have since realised how my childhood impacted my school days and also it has helped me understand how kids with dysfunctional backgrounds largely struggle at school. I struggled with structured lessons (Controlled) yet flourished when the control was all mine like Art, Sport, Music. Being controlled at home meant that I was uncomfortable with having to sit down, shut up, and do as you were told with no room to actually be "me" for once. In Art I could be me. In sport I could be me. In music I could be me. In other subjects I could only be exactly what I was told.

Hated every single minute of senior school, as Dubbs says there was some horrible individuals, one of them being a kid called Adrian, it’s 50 years ago now but if I ever did meet the **** I’d deck him instantly

Grammar school was a time I look back on of hatred with a passion and then some.

Look back to my schooldays with great affection, especially the further up the school I went. Perhaps I was fortunate to go to a small country grammar school. The teachers were pleasant individuals and I couldn’t complain about them. Perhaps they could complain about me though!

I enjoyed school and work

We had some fantastic characters at our school amongst both teachers and pupils.

One lad, Chris Baylie was funny as Hell but an absolute nut job.

Him and another lad bought a Ford Anglia from a scrapyard for £50 ( in 1978 ) and I met him on the bus back from town carrying the dodgy number plate he’d had made at our local hardware store that supplied them.

A day later him and this other lad were cruising past the school at kicking out time smoking and pipping the horn.

They got pulled by the police and arrested, they were both 16 and had no licence! 🤣

A couple of years after we left school Chris robbed the local petrol station with a shotgun and wearing a mask but it was only half a mile from his house and he bought his fags there and they recognised his voice! 🤡🤣🤣

He did about 7 years for that and was dead before reaching 30 but one heck of a character.

Another nutter from the year above rode his 50cc Yamaha down the main school corridor doing a wheelie! 🤣🤣🤣

During a history lesson a kid threw a stink bomb into our room and then tied the door shut, at least a dozen lads opened the windows and hung out by fingertips before dropping 8-10 feet from the first floor to the ground floor........this was whilst our teacher was still in class remonstrating with us not to do it! 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I’m just glad I lived in an era where this stuff happened.

Our school was like Fenn Street on the TV show “Please Sir”.

Absolutely fantastic times.

Mine was a waste of time from 14, bored by the subjects, left and went to college, worked for 7 years then went to uni and haven’t looked back, one model for all education let’s so many kids down.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)