+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Transfer woes

Transfer woes

Not looking good in the window so far.
    Sorba Thomas aside,it's looking like nobody else or a few rushed ones.
    Judging by Hirst and mola,that didn't work out last time.
    We badly need a striker as out current ones are misfiring.

Unless a late one gets announced today this has been a shambles of a window.
    Gregg Broughton has brought nothing to the club apart from taking home a big wage.

Well if the latest gossip is true,then one or both waggott and Broughton need to go.
    Imagine a deal agreed,medical done then forgetting to get the contract signed.
    Beyond clueless.
    Just when you think the joke days are over,along comes another clown.

It was the EFL that royally ****ed us over.
    O'Brien was a really good solid signing.
    Both him & Thomas would have been very good additions. We didn't need anyone else.
    The EFL messed up and there are around 10/15 players and clubs waiting to find out if their moves and paperwork went through in time.
    Before you ask why we left it until the 11th hour to get O'Brien (who is a very good player, better than most of our current midfield) it was down to the fact Forest didnt sign Shelvey until the afternoon of the final day. Almost all the clubs do their business on the final day. He had his medical, we agreed terms and the paper wok was submitted in time.
    The EFL have a backlog of paper work they are going through. Nobody knows if we actually managed to sign him in time.

I think the squad is fine, we didnt need a load of players. We desperately needed a midfielder. We got 2. Both good additions if they pay off.
    Once Brittain is back in a few games, JRC will move up and play in midfield.
    I am unsure why all this constant negativity? This squad have been good enough to remain in a play off place since Aug. And are still there now. And good enough to get us into the cup 5th round.
    I am unsure what people want or expect. But it never seems enough. We could be top with a 20 point gap and alot would moan its not a 25 point gap.

I just cannot believe you are standing up for Broughton.
    We need a forward as Hirst left and Gallagher and diaz are misfiring.
    Did we get one? No but we allowed markanday to leave on loan to get some gametime.
    I imagine the fax machine broke down when sorting the deal out.
    Fee agreed
    Medical done
    Contract??? Oh we haven't signed the contract.
    It's just beggars belief.
    And nobody has updated the fans.
    Communication is going backwards again but this time we have an extra mouth to feed.

if you genuinely think Markandy was the answer to those problems, you need your head seeing to, sorry mate.
    I aint sticking up for anyone.
    Turns out it was actually the club secretary, not Broughton.
    But I am just suprised Tony Mowbray is not being held accountable.

But isn't Broughton as director of football partly responsible?
    Where is waggott during all this?and if thats the case about the secretary then why isnt there an apology behind this shambles of a transfer and the massive shambles of a window.
    Sorba Thomas is all we have to show.

who is he meant to apologise to Robin? You?

I'll tell you what this club needs mate.
    Racist fans to not go. They are an embarrassment to our football club. And our country.
    See any racist fans apologising after last week? No me neither.

You know what else we need? Fans who pay money and go to games.
    Without fans, we will never finish above mid-table. So point sitting online moaning about that, only fans going to games will change that. Nothing else. Do you bit, then moan, thats fine.

all this sitting mouthing off on the internet is all good and well, put your hand in your pocket and contribute to the football club. Or we will be sat mid-table forever.

The trouble is, its very easy to sit there saying everything is a disgrace, without contributing a damn thing yourself. Are you coming to Wigan on Monday? As we desperately need fans.

We have far too many sat around moaning and adding absoluetly nothing themselves and expecting far far too much. Its a bit rich, especially when you are giving nothing yourself.

Ok so the old attendance card comes into play.
    I try and go as much as possible but working until 3 then magically appear at ewood,just doesn't happen.
    Excuse me boss can I leave half my round so I can put my 20 quid towards rovers cause.
    That will end one way.
    Will I be at ewood Monday?
    No I won't be but that doesn't mean I don't want to be.
    You seem to be giving it the big un phil but have you been to all the games this year?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)