+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Transfer woes

I travel over 2 hours to get to games, and go to about 15/16 per season.
    I don't agree about this negative outlook on everything associated to our club. I think its ridiculous.
    The ones with the most to say are normally the ones who contribute very very little to the club they are extremely vocal about.
    If half the people who moan actually went, we would not be playing in front of 10 thousand fans.
    Our lack of fanbase are the only reason we languish in midtable every year, and nothing else.
    Just give them a little bit of support from time to time, I can't be that hard.

the people paying the most, travelling the most, spending the most time effort and money are saying the least.
    Think about that

and Dilan Markandy will end up playing in Div 2. Or Scotland.
    Watch this space .........

You sound like a proper hero Phil.
    I live pretty much 3 hours away and work most Saturdays,so that's me ruled out.
    Still do about 5 games at home and several away.
    Shame that doesn't trump your 15 hey.
    I am aware we have no money and fans who don't attend are not helping but good old Lee,who lives in the cotswolds is not the problem.
    This is a message board where different opinions are allowed.
    Mine is different to yours on this occasion...end of.
    Doesn't make me any less of a supporter because I can't make the 15 games you do.
    I am still entitled to my opinion.

Well said Robin,I'm in total agreement with you. Any fans opinion is valid whether they go or not..Sorry Champs you are wrong on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Well said Robin,I'm in total agreement with you. Any fans opinion is valid whether they go or not..Sorry Champs you are wrong on that one.
    I can see where I was wrong here. And I'm big enough to put my hands up and admit I got this wrong.

Top man Champs. 👍

I have spoken to you on this boat and outside it.
    Appreciate the statement mate.
    I would come more often if I could.

*board

Your a great guy Robin, and yes we have chatted away from here.

I sometimes feel like Rovers are something that alot tend to kick when they are down.
    Me, I try and take the opposite view, especially if the general Conesus is to queue up to kick them when they are down.

That is not aimed at you directly mate. Its just what I am like, whatever appears to be the popular view, I may take the opposite view. But I will defend my club, regardless of who you are or who you support.

Again, not aimed at you personally. The worst things I hear, the most negative and incorrect are normally from our own fans. Abd its constant and a little draining. I don't find supporting Rovers an enjoyable experience. Its just negativity on negativity. On all platforms on social media its all the same negative stuff. Far worst than what rival fans say about us.
    The only break from that is attending games, where the majority are actually very supportive. Trouble is, there are far more online who don't go to games who do nothing but add negativity.

Last week was a good example. without knowing any of the facts, Broughton was publicly named and shamed. In reality, yes, we made a few minor mistakes. But my understanding is the EFL caused the main problems.
    They would not be so petty with Chelsea, or Man City or Man Utd in the exact same circumstances. But they came down heavy on little old Rovers. It seemed a little harsh.
    But before any of that came to light, without the facts, it was the immediate negative stance the online brigade took.
    I am still confused about the whole mess, and still quite angry that we missed out of a pretty ***** signing in O'Brien. One that could affect our season.
    Broughton did not add the clause about if we got relegated. It was a deal that we had been working on for 8 weeks. We would not scupper that intentionally. The EFL caused that. We could have been pushed into potentially having to buy this guy for £8.2m at the end of the season (which we could not afford unless we got promoted) you we should be careful on entering into a deal like that. Then the EFL started asking about what happens if we get relegated???!!! It was a disgrace.
    Because we are a small club, we get treated with utter contempt and have to suck that up.

While I full appreciate everyone is frustrated, I was too, I just felt it was a little unfair the online brigade went straight on the attack. Without the actual facts. This happens alot.
    So sometimes I will swim against the tide to try support my football club. Sometimes that may mean I am wrong, which I was in this case. But I think we all need to be more loyal to our club.
    The EFL is not exactly supportive of our club. The media could not care less.
    Other fans of other clubs will not care.
    So its sometimes up to us to defend our own club. Because nobody else will. And thats what you need to do at times, defend your own, even if it means sucking up a few things you may not be entirely happy with.

I just think at times its very easy to take pot shots at our club, who are actually having a good season. A win tonight takes us into the play-offs. Well over half the division would swap places with us in a heart-beat.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)