+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Contracts ending in the summer

Contracts ending in the summer

In the summer all our new financial sponsors will be signed and the revenues streams will be much much wider.

Our spending will be greatly enhanced.

Whilst we will be enjoying greater revenue streams the other side of club finances is expenditure. What shocked me was the Wage/revenue ratio.

Due to fat slug milking the club and abandoning all commercial efforts other than to provide free advertising for this tat shops our off-field income has crashed compared to our peers prior to him purchasing the club 15 yrs ago. We've been surpassed 10 fold by the likes of Spurs who we previously generated more cash than. Ridiculous to call that man a 'Shrewd business man'. Fat Fraud is more accurate!

Anyway back to the program. Shedding deadwood and freeing up wage budget works out as follows: (please correct me if I'm wrong at any point)

Leaving the club/Contract ending:
    These guy are absolutely gone maybe tomorrow (before the winter window closesif we are lucky) but definitely in the summer.

Matt Longstaff - £7,500
    Ciaren Clark - £35,000
    Paul Dummet - £35,000
    Matt Ritchie - £45,000
    Mark Gillespie - £11,538

Total - £134,038/week

Shelvey's contract is up in Summer but he's off to Forest in the winter window. Chris Wood will also be gone in the summer as his loan has an 'obligation to buy' so he's off the books too. Looks like Darlow will be moving to Hull and will sign for them full time in the summer too.

We will need to move on Hayden & Hendrick

Hayden should be easy as Norwich are in the playoffs and he's only on £22k a week
    Hendrick some how is on £40k a week and not having the best of seasons.

JonJo Shelvey - £70,000
    Jeff Hendrick - £40,385
    Isaac Hayden - £22,000
    Chris Wood - £80,000
    Carl Darlow - £30,000

Total - £242,385/week

Contactual expiration Total - £376,423/week - £16,928,304/season

So in total we can be assured that 9 players will be off the books, only Hendrick has a question mark over his head from the players that are out on loan or out of contract.

Of those who are not out of contract:

Javier Maquillo - £35,000
    Ryan Fraser - £41,800
    Jamal Lewis - £38,462
    Jamal Lacelles - £40,000

Total - £155,262/week

We could be moving on these guys too, however if we manage to get rid of Hendrick which I'm sure we will get him off the books + the 4 above that's a total of 15 players out in the summer of 2023. That's a lot more than a full team. A considerable amount of players to replace. However most are not actively involved in the squad and won't be missed.

This would be good house keeping and certainly clean up wage bill reducing it by a grand total of:

Grand total - £531,685/week

Half a million quid a week. With our current wage structure of £100,000-£120,000/player/week that affords us 4 or 5 top quality 22-25 yr old players we are targeting currently.

The bigger picture of all this work to remove these players is to prove we are a viable business to the regulators, being run sensibly.

Also it's the last rotting effigy of the previous regime. To remove these players from the club will signal the true beginning of the new year.

A healthy happy club with nothing but positive, determined ambitious people all pulling in the same direction.

Ain't it just wonderful to see!

Hope there was a point in there somewhere lads... haha maybe someone can find one

I didn’t know Hendrick was on 40 grand a week - that is frightening. With Shelvey on 70k and Wood on 80k it made huge sense to let them go now (I wonder what Forrest will pay them?)
    Clearing the deadwood’s another area where Ashworth will prove his value.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    I didn’t know Hendrick was on 40 grand a week - that is frightening. With Shelvey on 70k and Wood on 80k it made huge sense to let them go now (I wonder what Forrest will pay them?)
    Clearing the deadwood’s another area where Ashworth will prove his value.
    Hendrick signed on a free so got a big wage, this pretty standard for free signings.

Grand total - £531,685/week that's 4 or 4 class players or 3 Osimhen, Leao calibre players.

I remain aware of other clubs business/spending but I don't compare them to us. We are doing our own thing and I'm delighted that are ploughing our furrow not bowing to pressure from other clubs. We no longer beg for scraps from the so called 'top teams'. We Are a top team now.

I honestly don't think we'll move on any of the other 4 you mentioned apart from Fraser who wants to go. Unless of course they ask to go.

Lewis maybe on loan but I can't see it being permament at the minute.

But the money we could have to play around with for wages is frightening, in the sense that those players contribute to that total and many of them were in the chimpo with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    But the money we could have to play around with for wages is frightening, in the sense that those players contribute to that total and many of them were in the chimpo with us.
    Yeah indeed it's something that is quite shocking. The previous regime allowed the wages to spiral out of control by kicking it down the road, too cheap to move on dross players instead rewarding them with higher and higher salaries.

Once the 9-15 players are off the books we can really begin in anger to build an entire club/squad of Bruno Calibre players.

Just thinking about having 9 players in of that quality juxtaposed with our current trials and tribulations really does clarify why the fraud 6 are so scared of our resurgence.

They just can't handle the solidarity of a United NUFC, fans, club, owners with money all together as one!

That was an excellent post Ragatino, certainly a lot of food for thought!

You also reminded me of what that filthy fat ***ka has done to this club:

"Due to fat slug milking the club and abandoning all commercial efforts other than to provide free advertising for this tat shops our off-field income has crashed compared to our peers prior to him purchasing the club 15 yrs ago. We've been surpassed 10 fold by the likes of Spurs who we previously generated more cash then. Ridiculous to call that man a 'Shrewd business man'. Fat Fraud is more accurate!"

Thank god Amanda was able to buy out that fat kunt, as he is the WORST owner imaginable! Raped the club of every cent he could line his shyte Sports Direct company with, as well as rob us of any hope us supporters had. GOOD RIDDANCE YO FAT KUNT

Quote Originally Posted by toonozandy View Post
    That was an excellent post Ragatino, certainly a lot of food for thought!

You also reminded me of what that filthy fat ***ka has done to this club:

"Due to fat slug milking the club and abandoning all commercial efforts other than to provide free advertising for this tat shops our off-field income has crashed compared to our peers prior to him purchasing the club 15 yrs ago. We've been surpassed 10 fold by the likes of Spurs who we previously generated more cash then. Ridiculous to call that man a 'Shrewd business man'. Fat Fraud is more accurate!"

Thank god Amanda was able to buy out that fat kunt, as he is the WORST owner imaginable! Raped the club of every cent he could line his shyte Sports Direct company with, as well as rob us of any hope us supporters had. GOOD RIDDANCE YO FAT KUNT

The hope & the dignity. The narrative whilst he was in charge was that we were ungrateful. He made us a national punchline. The indignity caused me so much rage.

He turned us into a laughing stock which brought glee to many but they certainly aren’t gloating now. Last week might have been a bump in the road but the reality is that the current squad probably shouldn’t have got anywhere near a cup final. Definitely a big summer ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by bix01 View Post
    He turned us into a laughing stock which brought glee to many but they certainly aren’t gloating now. Last week might have been a bump in the road but the reality is that the current squad probably shouldn’t have got anywhere near a cup final. Definitely a big summer ahead.
    At least now we have the higher ups and management team all with the same goal of wanting to win trophies and take the cups seriously. That ambition took us to the final this season.

We will be back at Wembley far more often than the previous regime.

Just listening to Eddies' Man City Presser. He's extoling the virtue of player development not just buying the title/cup whilst reiterating the need to invest in the playing staff to truly compete at the elite level of the league.

This is precisely the correct thing to say. Also shows that there is a synergy across the hierarchy at the club all want to win and build sustainably for long term success.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    In the summer all our new financial sponsors will be signed and the revenues streams will be much much wider.

Our spending will be greatly enhanced.

Whilst we will be enjoying greater revenue streams the other side of club finances is expenditure. What shocked me was the Wage/revenue ratio.

Due to fat slug milking the club and abandoning all commercial efforts other than to provide free advertising for this tat shops our off-field income has crashed compared to our peers prior to him purchasing the club 15 yrs ago. We've been surpassed 10 fold by the likes of Spurs who we previously generated more cash than. Ridiculous to call that man a 'Shrewd business man'. Fat Fraud is more accurate!

Anyway back to the program. Shedding deadwood and freeing up wage budget works out as follows: (please correct me if I'm wrong at any point)

Leaving the club/Contract ending:
    These guy are absolutely gone maybe tomorrow (before the winter window closesif we are lucky) but definitely in the summer.

Matt Longstaff - £7,500
    Ciaren Clark - £35,000
    Paul Dummet - £35,000
    Matt Ritchie - £45,000
    Mark Gillespie - £11,538

Total - £134,038/week

Shelvey's contract is up in Summer but he's off to Forest in the winter window. Chris Wood will also be gone in the summer as his loan has an 'obligation to buy' so he's off the books too. Looks like Darlow will be moving to Hull and will sign for them full time in the summer too.

We will need to move on Hayden & Hendrick

Hayden should be easy as Norwich are in the playoffs and he's only on £22k a week
    Hendrick some how is on £40k a week and not having the best of seasons.

JonJo Shelvey - £70,000
    Jeff Hendrick - £40,385
    Isaac Hayden - £22,000
    Chris Wood - £80,000
    Carl Darlow - £30,000

Total - £242,385/week

Contactual expiration Total - £376,423/week - £16,928,304/season

So in total we can be assured that 9 players will be off the books, only Hendrick has a question mark over his head from the players that are out on loan or out of contract.

Of those who are not out of contract:

Javier Maquillo - £35,000
    Ryan Fraser - £41,800
    Jamal Lewis - £38,462
    Jamal Lacelles - £40,000

Total - £155,262/week

We could be moving on these guys too, however if we manage to get rid of Hendrick which I'm sure we will get him off the books + the 4 above that's a total of 15 players out in the summer of 2023. That's a lot more than a full team. A considerable amount of players to replace. However most are not actively involved in the squad and won't be missed.

This would be good house keeping and certainly clean up wage bill reducing it by a grand total of:

Grand total - £531,685/week

Half a million quid a week. With our current wage structure of £100,000-£120,000/player/week that affords us 4 or 5 top quality 22-25 yr old players we are targeting currently.

The bigger picture of all this work to remove these players is to prove we are a viable business to the regulators, being run sensibly.

Also it's the last rotting effigy of the previous regime. To remove these players from the club will signal the true beginning of the new year.

A healthy happy club with nothing but positive, determined ambitious people all pulling in the same direction.

Ain't it just wonderful to see!

Hope there was a point in there somewhere lads... haha maybe someone can find one
    Wanted to bring this thread back to the top of the pile rather than start a new one.

We've gotta understand how much money will be freed up by binning the non-playing salaried squad dross.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)