+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Striker Signed

I am all for bringing in talent. When we get promoted, the financial picture will change such that we may not not need to sell.

However, will some players be shown the door, getting their P45’s and taking BT Taxis to the airport? There are not many of the old squad left but will we keep Barnes, JayRod and Cork?

At the moment VK seems to be focused on forwards/strikers/ defenders. What about midfield? We are a bit light there, I think - especially as BT is offering Bastien his P45 and, no doubt, a ride to the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    I am all for bringing in talent. When we get promoted, the financial picture will change such that we may not not need to sell.

However, will some players be shown the door, getting their P45’s and taking BT Taxis to the airport? There are not many of the old squad left but will we keep Barnes, JayRod and Cork?

At the moment VK seems to be focused on forwards/strikers/ defenders. What about midfield? We are a bit light there, I think - especially as BT is offering Bastien his P45 and, no doubt, a ride to the airport.
    Don't blame me for the Bastien fiasco s_c, blame sinkov, he has totally undermined the lad's confidence by saying he's rubbish. Every cloud has a silver lining though, Terrier Taxis like you say will get a decent fare out of it.

I'll happily offer a two for one deal and take Churlinov with him to the airport, because he really is bloody awful.

Attachment 23391

VK does not mess about and I'm glad to see the "Defour Connection" is still in operation...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...86897465700430

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post
    It's a nice thought Swiss, but I can't see it myself. The TV money we receive is based on league position, so unless we're up in the top six we're going to be getting less than them, and less than every club that finishes above us, with our small stadium we're going to be lowest on gate money, and there's nothing we can do about that. If we want to compete financially we will have to sell players, something which Mr Pace and Vinni have already acknowledged, and is indeed the very basis of our transfer dealings. Sign them young, develop them, sell them on at a profit.

Of course we get more money in the PL, it will come flooding in, but so does everyone else and most will have more than us, I don't see a way round this, except by selling players, and neither does Mr Pace.

PL wages we can't afford will result in a smaller squad again which will take its toll on the players with injuries and tired legs and so the saga continues.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    VK does not mess about and I'm glad to see the "Defour Connection" is still in operation...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foot...86897465700430
    Sensible to leave him at Mechlen on loan, he's not going to be used much, if at all, if he joined us now.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Sensible to leave him at Mechlen on loan, he's not going to be used much, if at all, if he joined us now.
    Too true mon ami.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I've seen worse.
    He was the quickest at United. Quicker than all including Rashford. 22mph or something it said. I thought I was quick at 21mph

Quote Originally Posted by Untinted Glasses View Post
    He was the quickest at United. Quicker than all including Rashford. 22mph or something it said. I thought I was quick at 21mph
    Is that in third gear U_G?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)